Jenna Bush's Tongue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by patrick0brien, Jul 21, 2004.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think she's just a kid sticking her tongue out because she (and I actually :D) think it's funny, and no more.

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Agreed, i think people try to read too much into things these days. To me it was just a kid acting like kid. Maybe, if that was a response to some question or something, i could see making a fuss over it.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i've got a feeling that neither of the daughters are particularly enamored w/ stumping for dad. i've got another feeling that they're not very conservative, politically.

5. Waluigi macrumors 6502

I don't like the Bush administration at all, and will not vote for them. However, this is one of my favorite recent pictures not because it has the potential to 'harm' the bush reelection campaign (which is ridiculous, but some will try to spin it into that!!), but because Jenna Bush is showing a slight bit of transcendentalism here. It is just intriguing when someone who is on a pedestal does something a little quarky that they are not 'supposed to do'. Real people do stuff like that all the time (well, at least I do), and when I saw Jenna Bush do it, it made her more real in that sense. It sort of reminds me of how fake most politicians are, bumbarded with the ridiculous norms and mannors of our society, it actually dampers their efforts to communicate and relate to the public. I'd love to see politicians have that spirit and humanness that Jenna Bush has portrayed (although sticking out their tounge isn't the only way to do it :))

--Waluigi

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I agree. Dropping yer pants and pressing yer nekkid @ss up against the window is sound alternative. :D

Lethal

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Please tell me you're kidding.

8. brap macrumors 68000

But still, at 22 years old, you have to be at least aware that it's not the done thing. 15, maybe, but these girls should know better...

9. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

And much classier to boot! ;)

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Now I think you're going to far the other direction. This really has so little to do with the election it's not really even worth talking about. Presidential kiddies activities don't really affect me much personally. There were a lot of rightists trying to make hay off Al Gore Jr.'s pot bust, but again it's highly irrelevant to the issues at hand. Anyone who tries to use this against Dubya is barking up the wrong tree with me. Kids are supposed to be rebellious. Particulary kids who grow up in a family that is constantly under the spotlight.

I just don't think this is a political story. The Berger story was.

11. patrick0brien thread starter macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-mactastic

Yeah, you're probably right. I was in a different place when I saw that.

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Unless you leave a skidmark on the window. [​IMG]

13. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

A) It is hilarious!

and

B) She isn't a kid. She is an adult - 22 years old!

and

C) It is hilarious!

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

As someone who has met her repeatedly (in Austin), she is very much a kid (imo), although the last time I met her, she was only 20.

Struck me as a typical sorority girl...and not political in the least.

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

It just goes to the Bush family "values". These girls are 21 years old now. They are old enough (and have the experience of the media watch) to know how things are perceived.

Lets hope their father doesn't give them some post in his administration if by some chance he gets another four years.

16. iGav macrumors G3

I'm always sticking my tounge out :D and I'm 26... heheheh

17. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

LOL

18. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

1) When I first saw the title of this thread, I was afraid...The Bush twins strike me as the selacious sort.

2) This just shows the immaturity is inherited.

3) Chelsea Clinton was much younger than this girl but much, much more dignified.

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I guess it also shows that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

20. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Yeah, it shows me that their parents protected them and allowed then to have as normal childhood as possible. Those are some sucky family values there...

dignified = boring??? :) Cuz Chelsea Clinton has to be the most boring kid that I have ever seen.

I think it is hilarious. It shows that Jenna may be one of the few people out there during this election that is having any fun.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I don't see any problem here. Why don't the press concentrate on something more important?

More to the point, why don't we?

22. evil macrumors 6502

you never know, chelsea clinton could be a closet dominatrix.

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if true, she should come out.

24. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I would have never known about it if someone hadn't posted it here.

Okay, time to do homework!

25. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The day it happend it was on the main page of CNN's site as well as web portals that link to stories at CNN.com. I didn't bother to see if it made the front page of any other news sites.

I agree w/Skunk. I can't believe this even made the news and I can't believe this thread has stayed alive so long.

As for the people attempting to judge the character of a young women they don't know (save for the fact that she is the daughter of a politician they dislike w/a vengence) by something as innocent and playful as this is... amazing. There's an old saying, something about sins and the casting of stones...

Lethal