Jeopardy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JohnEZ, Dec 13, 2005.

1. JohnEZ macrumors member

Hey,

Did anyone catch tonight's Jeopardy? If you didn't... in the first round they dedicated a category to Apple Computers. Just think... for once what is common sense in the Mac community could have actually earned someone up to $3000. :p

Just thought ya might be interested.

-John

2. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

I stopped watching jeopardy after Ken Jennings lost. I thought he was funny.

3. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Who is Steve Jobs.

What is the iPod.

What is Coca-Cola.

Who is Noah Wiley.

What is 1984.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Was there a Quicktime question too? I walked into my room while my roommate was watching Jeopardy, and heard "What is Quicktime" and it was the right answer.

After that, I didn't pay attention, had I known there was an Apple category, I would've

6. JohnEZ thread starter macrumors member

Who is Steve Jobs.

What is Quicktime. (you were right, yg17 :) )

What is laptop.

What is airport.

What is Tiger.

Seriously, though--basic stuff. Umm... can't remember the "answers" but you get the idea. I just thought it was cool that they dedicated the category to Apple Computers :)

-John

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I watched it last night. There was one question that made me laugh so hard. This road that crosses Nebraska from east to west seems endless but it is only 455.3 miles.

What made me laugh was last summer I drove it. With a hundred or so miles on both sides. In a day.

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I tell you what...the answer for What is Quicktime would have stumped me even after I knew the question.

It was something to the effect of "This 'speedy' software runs on both PCs and Macs." It makes sense, but I started racking my brain for every piece of software that both use. Maybe Quicken, maybe OS X (when the intels are released), maybe iTunes. Even after hearing the question I couldn't figure that one out.

9. Aarow macrumors 6502a