"Jericho" fans to CBS: "Nuts!"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 6, 2007.

1. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

CNN

Oh please let this come to pass so that we have something to make up for The Bionic Woman this fall.

2. macrumors Core

MacNut

You wonder how many other networks would bring back shows if the uproar was strong enough, I do recall Family Guy returned because of it.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

CBS reverses decision to cancel "Jericho"

Holy crap! They did it!!

CBS News

Bravo, CBS! Nice to know I'll be watching your network again in the near future.

4. macrumors newbie

Ohhh dear God, this show stinks. I was really into it at first, then it just got lame. Really, its lame.

5. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

W00t! Our campaign paid off! I was soo disappointed when they canned Jericho!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I am so excited!!!!! Thank you CBS!

P.S. I must stress the importance of a proper dialogue writer. Please, for the love of god, please, please hire someone who can actually write for this second season! The overall concept and story line is awesome, but some of the dialogue sounds like it was written by a [really, really stupid] four-year-old. :mad:

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sometimes these campaigns work, more often they don't. Who knows, it may be possible that the biggest deciding factor was that CBS was ambivalent about the cancellation in the first place, and then when they took a look at the new stuff the studios were offering for mid-season, they had second thoughts and decided they already had something better.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing whether Hawkins gets caught by that bald little SOB who claims to be the president now. But I am gonna miss Johnston.

7. Nuc
    macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Now if we can get Sci-Fi to bring back Stargate SG-1 and possibly Battlestar Galactica.

Nuc

8. macrumors 6502

i.Feature

I'm pretty happy about this descision. I've gotten really tired of networks dropping shows prematurely.

9. Editor emeritus

longofest

still got another season for BSG :)

10. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Hopefully Hawkins will be able to escape and him and Jake go after the DHS guy...

Another complaint I have about Jericho is that I am pretty sure thy don't have a military advisor. You don't even have to be in the military to understand some of the tactical situations that the people of Jericho (and New Bern) are getting themselves into. The ONLY way Jericho can win using their current battle-plan is through the all powerful might of movie magic. :eek:

11. macrumors 6502

It didn't work for Carnivale. :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. macrumors regular

Bring back Firefly!

13. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

[​IMG]

14. macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

It really doesn't sound like they are gonna spend more money to hire a better writer at this point, just sounds like they are thinking that Jericho as a mid-season replacement is less of a gamble than something completely new.

Spot on...especially when you add in the fact that they don't need to subject this thing to internal testing, it'll be easier for them to ramp up into production, and it'll cost less to advertise than a new show.

15. macrumors newbie

THis show = king of thunder

I liked this show. It was fun to watch it while eating chicken pot pies.

16. macrumors 68020

samh004

It figures that they'll bring it back and do a bad job of it, or even if they do a good job, ratings will go down for it and it wont survive the next season...

17. macrumors 601

Great series — it deserved better.