Jerky trackpad + other minor issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chaslam, Nov 11, 2006.

1. chaslam macrumors regular

Oct 29, 2006
    Ive had my C2D MBP for 2 days now, and there is one very annoying thing I have noticed. The trackpad seems very jerky esspecally when I raise my finger to click on something.
    Is there any way I can reduce the sensitivity of it somehow? Its getting a little annoying. I will reduce the speed and see if thats any better.

Also, my screen doesnt quite sit flush against the laptop when its closed, but I believe this is a known issue with all of them.

Anyother thing is that there is one stuck pixel on the screen, but im not hugely bothered about this as I cant even see it really.

For all of these issues, do you think I should get a replacement? Also, the eject key doesnt seem as flush to the rest of the keys, and it seems a little bent.

Apart from that everything is great.
  2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

Feb 23, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    No you will not get a replacement. At most they will just repair your MBP. And they won't replace the display for one dead pixel.
  3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Try cleaning your trackpad, maybe with a bit of water or isopropyl alcohol (ingredients in eye glass cleaners). I have had trackpads that I thought were dead that worked as good as new after being cleaned well.
  4. chaslam thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 29, 2006
    No I wouldnt expect them to replace it under warrenty, but part of the T&Cs says that within 14 days if im not happy with it I can get a replacement or money back free (and no 15% service charge for me as im in UK).

I dont think its dirty. Ive only had it 2 days and all of that time ive been using an wireless keyboard and mouse. Maybe it just needs time to "break in" being used.