Jessen.org -> Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wardofsky, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I recently found that Jessen.org is hosted on Apple's servers but I've searched everywhere and can't find out why.

I know there's been the previous rumors about iPhone.org but what's Jessen all about.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hosted on apple's servers? seems like it just re-directs to Apple.com, except that all the sections keep the 'jessen.org' in front of them: http://www.jessen.org/macosx/

there've been some good stories about different domain names registered to apple, but i dont' know about this one.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Do these addresses ever pan out to be anything, or do they just remain odd redirections back to Apple's site?

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Maybe someone works at apple and is named Jessen? And he didn't have time to make is own website so as a filler he redirects to Apple.com.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's not registered to Apple.

Beware of the rogue ':D' in there :rolleyes:

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

he he. weird stuff. imagine seeing a rougue ':D' around the place in a 'whois' like that. :eek: :p :D

the thing is that these aren't re-directions, it's a whole mirror of Apple.com.

just like Jessen, if you go to other pages withing Mammals.org, it keeps mammals.org: http://www.mammals.org/macosx/ see? weird, eh? :confused:

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

mammals.org, unlike jessen.org, is owned by Apple. Bring on the iMammal :rolleyes:

It's not a redirection, but it's not a mirror either. They are just multiple domain names all pointing to the same IP address (or IP block in this case).

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If Microsoft can be mistakenly granted a botanical patent for a newly discovered apple tree dubbed the "Burchinal Red Delicious, then it's likely Apple plans on patenting a new type mammal -- most likely a lab testing rodent with the name Gates something or other.

9. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Ha ha!
    iGates; not tested on animals, tested on billionaires...

10. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

This has nothing to do with Apple. Any of us could go and register any domain and have it "mask" any site we like.