Jessica Lynch sensationalism... vs Patrick Miller heroics

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Frohickey, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Okay, since the Jessica Lynch TV movie is about to be broadcast, I was just wondering why there is so much publicity over this? Is it because the subject is a woman, and this is the politically correct thing to do? Or is it because the media still has the wool pulled over their eyes by the military's intial story of Lynch fighting off Iraqis.

Now that the truth is out, why is there no TV movie about the real hero in the incident. Patrick Miller

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well at least one conservative is being consistent in their critisism of historically innaccurate "docu-dramas"

It sure would be nice to see the RNC request a historical review of this film as well.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

because:
    1. she's cute
    2. she was propaganda-ized into a hero
    3. she survived
    4. she's the all-american girl from next door
    5. her tiny frame (i.e. even the tiniest of US soldiers can square off against the enemy)
    6. she became the embodiment of all the 'support the troops' emotions

probably many others

4. rastalin94 macrumors member

The whole Jessica Lynch thing is 100% pure propaganda. The Iraq’s had her in a hospital and kept on trying to contact the US forces that they had one of our soldiers and could the please come get her. They called several times and no one in the US took them seriously. Finally someone looked into it and turned it into propaganda to help the war effort. The Iraq’s in the hospital use medicines for Lynch that cost the lives of Iraq soldiers because they knew if she died in the hospital it bad things would happen.

The whole Jessica Lynch story is 100% propaganda, it is as real as Weapons of Mass Destruction and all of America will believe it. Look around on the web and you will find the truth.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And yet there is no outcry against this the way there was against the Reagan movie. Funny that. Wonder if Ed Gillespie will send a letter to the TV station requesting a panel of historians review the film and if not run a crawler every 10 minutes that says this is a work of fiction? I doubt it! Double standard?

6. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I saw a special on CBSabout this other night... not the first time that a lie that sounds good was used in Iraq to further American interests.

It would be nice if Miller got the recognition he deserves, but its not a competition.. what he did was brave and noble, and he has my respect... but so does every other soldier. It'll work itself out.

The CBS Story

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

From what I heard, Lynch is getting an 80% disability package, while her Humvee-mates are only getting a 30% package. It wouldn't have anything to do with her being a pretty white girl would it? Nah, whites are so oppressed in this country.

I'd call on the RNC to ask for a panel of historians to examine this movie just like the Reagan one, and if not they should put a crawl under any republican ads that say they stake their parties reputation that the Jessica Lynch story is factually accurate and that every word in it is exactly the way it was spoken in real life.;)

Either that or a crawl every 10 minutes during the movie saying that it is republican propoganda.