Jib Jab

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dross, Oct 8, 2004.

1. dross macrumors regular

dross

I was wondering what everyone thought of the new Jib Jab cartoon. I got a big laugh out of it.

www.jibjab.com

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:p That is, if it's possible, even funnier than "This Land". :p

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

They struck me as pretty funny, trying to poke fun at both candidates, but in the end a little right-wing biased. I'd be interested to hear from conservative folks to see if they see any left-wing bias.

4. dross thread starter macrumors regular

dross

I do not know if I agree. I think it was pretty evenly divided between them both.

But in the end you should not lose the point - To make fun of politiions.

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I am a conservative and I didn't pick up on any bias towards (or against) either party. I did think, however, that the fixation on the gay thing (with Kerry/Edwards, McGreevey and finally Ashcroft) was a little over the top.

6. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

As an interested observer from afar, I didn't see any particular bias. For me it doesn't pack the same satirical punch as "This Land", though.

One question though, the gay thing to me seemed to have totally come from out of left field. Did they totally make something up to put funny pictures in the song, or am I missing something here?!?

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

There was a lot of talk on various talk shows about Kerry's and Edwards' tendency to touch and hug each other in public, especially during the week or so following the announcement that Edwards was going to be the running mate. One might reasonably assume that these PDAs were an effort to show the public that, despite what they'd said about each other during the Democratic primaries, Kerry and Edwards are now committed partners. They sort-of backed off after the press started commenting on it, though.

8. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Ahh, thank you. That clears it up. Apparently that speculation didn't make it as far as the international press.