Job Interview at New Horizons

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furryrabidbunny, May 11, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Has anyone every heard of/used this place before? They train businesses and individuals with computers, basic Windows and Office stuff. This is their site http://www.newhorizons.com/content/index.aspx. They have an office in Tempe, AZ by Arizona State... my biggest concern is I didn't apply for the job, they found my resume on Jobing.com. The guy on the phone said they start at 33k a year and mostly hire people without computer experience. I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Thanks in advance.

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

FWIW, I get a lot of resumes from people who work there looking to leave. Companies don't seem to spend nearly as much on training as they used to.

That being said, I use them for occasional training of my staff.

3. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

The guy that interviewed me there said that. He said most people go there, get "trained" and leave in about a year. I dont plan (at least I dont think so) to stay there myself. But I figure 33k a year while in school is pretty damn good, a lot better than what I do now. Also, its working with computers, so it can't be that bad. You said you use them sometimes... are the people there knowledgeable at all? I told the guy on the phone I took one class on Office Xp or 2003 (whichever is the latest) and use windows sparingly, but he didnt care.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Well, I started an Access database to do all the things my custom written software doesn't do. Kind of a stealth project to get around the IT dept. The database is now a monster that does some pretty impressive things. My admin support staff has grown and I send them all to Access training and they get the jib done.

I'm usually lucky enough to get one on one training on our database at classroom rates as they have few people who take the classes.