Jobs Excited about Device, Keynote?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 7, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In the continuing build up of hype leading to the Macworld SF 2007 keynote, Cult of Mac blog posts this anonymous tidbit:

Meanwhile, International Herald Tribute's article about Apple's upcoming device claims that "[Jobs] was more excited about his current project than he was about the Macintosh."

Steve Jobs was previously reported to have been very excited about the Apple Phone and uncharacteristically vocal about it to his inner circle.

In the hours/days before the Macworld Expo, an acceleration of rumors and hype is common. Readers should temper their excitement with some realism to prevent being disappointed by the event. Despite the almost ubiquitous expectation for an Apple Phone at Macworld, our roundup revealed most sources pointed to a release in the 1st half of 2007.

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

and the unrealistic hype continues.... :)

arn

3. macrumors 68030

I can't temper my excitement! I can't stop thinking about Tuesday!

And I'll be in class or commuting during the keynote!

NOOOOO!!!!

4. macrumors 68000

Aniej

Ironically, I will be in securities regulation... how fitting:rolleyes:

5. macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

the suspense is killing me. :eek:

if there is a "iphone" released, i doubt i'd be able to get it anyway since i have sprint, but one can always dream!

=)
    i'm also very very excited to see what lepord holds as i plan on getting it!!

6. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

This MacWorld sounds very promising. :)

7. macrumors 6502

as always with a grain of salt

I am of course super excited about the Keynote as well, but don't get your hopes up too too high.....Steve was also quite excited about the iPod Hi-Fi.

8. macrumors 6502a

My verizon contract ended last week

Oh yeah :-D

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

:) true... but Apple's in part to blame (for the hype) with their website teaser..

arn

10. macrumors 6502

indeed, and I am hoping for the best, this Macworld has some huge quite potential

11. macrumors member

nicksoper

Keynote Excitement

I love the keynotes. At least you know something is coming! Even if it's small.

Amidst all the hype over the iPhone, I'm a little bit over it, but macumors is heeping my hope alive!

Viva la keynote.

12. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I need to ask. Has anyone ever heard of an instance of a Mac user having a heart attack from getting overly excited about a Mac event?

Seriously because I think someone is going to explode before Tuesday. [​IMG]

I just hope there is no one else around, because if this teasing continues my numbers suggest they will take out half a block. Never underestimate the energy released from a hyped up Mac fan. :D

13. macrumors 6502

Congrats to Arn

P.S. - you did a really great job on television a while back. You came across as the intelligent and well spoken person we know you are.

14. macrumors member

I don't think Apple are usual responsible for any of the hype. In fact they downplayed the Hi-Fi/Intel Mini launch (in a small room, on campus etc). It's us and the media who are to blame. I include myself in that. I've taken the morning off work to watch the keynote a couple of times, and then do some shopping. ;)

I must say though, with the teaser on the website, Apple are definately backing themselves, which is a good sign.

That said, I just hope that if they are not going to release an ApplePhone, they tell us and put us all out of our misery.

15. macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Tuesday just cant arrive fast enough. Sounds like it will be one hell of a keynote!

16. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

My friend. You don't need a front page ad to generate hype. Something as simple as a "leaked" rumor is sometimes, and in the case of Mac fans often, enough to start the spin process, which then leads to mainstream media picking it up, and it snowballs from there. I'm willing to bet some of the rumors that have been leaked over the years has been intentional. Apple would be a fool to not use its secretive nature to its advantage, which IMHO I'm sure they do. Granted my view could also be from watching WAY too much West Wing over the weekend. So YMMV on the opinion.

17. macrumors regular

This is not the first MacWorld I've been interested in (I was awake at 4am watching the MRLive feed of the MacBooks being introduced :p), but this is the first one I'm actually anxious/invested in, because my credit card is out and ready to drop on a laptop and I'm looking at a MBP and waiting for Apple to convince me.

18. macrumors member

Pure gold.

19. macrumors 6502a

kresh

I'm all excited. I just can't wait, but I had a bad feeling when I read that all of Steve's close friends were invited to watch this keynote.

I hope it's not some stupid crap like "Apple has purchased all rights to the Atari name, platform and codebase. The Atari console is back!". You know what I mean, some off the wall buy-out deal or a sell-out deal to another company for that matter.

edit: Although a merger (or buy-out) with Nintendo would be just awesome! Nintendo's market cap is around 3 Billion USD. Apple easily has three times that much in the bank, but I'm not sure it's really possible to purchase a Japanese company.

20. macrumors member

madyaks

This had better be one great phone for all this hype...

I'd rather see updates to the Mac Pro, Mini, and iMac. You know the computers that are Apple, or is it the iPod that is Apple or the Ram sales (since the machines come under supplied)

Come on give us a great video option for the iMac, that would make the 24 inch 2.33 a real monster. (if you allowed another machine to use the screen I'd have your baby)
    Give the Mini a speed bump, C2D, and a decent video option and that thing would rock.
    The Pro... not much to do there. How about 2 gigs of ram? Maybe 1 or 2 more video options?

iTV? Make it better than Tivo and you rock.

Any chance we can get all of the above in black?

21. macrumors 68040

"First, I'm going to give you few updates, and then we'll get to the meat of todays keynote.

... So, last year was our best year ever in retail, and we broke all previous records in our Mac-shipments. So what about new products? Well, I'm happy to report to you that today we are releasing a brand new set of iPod socks and sleeves. Socks are hand-knitted by bunch of old ladies in Florida, and the sleeves are made from the finest Corinthian Leather we could find. Prices are $79 for the socks, and $149 for the sleeves. And that wraps up the Keynote, I'll be seeing you at WWDC!"

22. macrumors 68020

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to in MacWorld. iPhone? Well, I just got a Sidekick, which I'm pretty happy with, and unless if it's going to be $350 or less unlocked, I'm not buying one as a spare phone. Plus, my brother's giving me his Nokia 3250 next week, which will make for a great backup. iPods? Sad to say it, but I don't touch my iPod unless if I'm on an airplane. As for the iMac, I'm pretty happy with my G5, albeit the fact that I have 9 GB left on my hard disk. MacBook? I'm definitely thinking about saving up for one, but I'm not sure how much I would use one. iTV? My brother gave me his SlingBox to figure out, which I can't use until I get another AirPort. While I would definitely buy an 802.11n AirPort, I'm not really expecting it at MWSF.

The anticipation is definitely there in iMacZealot's heart, but I'm just not sure what I'm looking forward to.

23. macrumors 603

Multimedia

If It's An iPod In A Phone Or Vice Versa I Say "Who Cares?"

Gotta be HDMI HDTV from the web related to get a rise out of me. I need a tool to hook up to my new Samsung 40" LN-S4095 HDTV. :p

I'll be here Tuesday morning to provide Keynote opinion and feedback BTW. Not going up until Wednesday Morning.

Faint hope for an early Stoakley-Seaburg equipped 8 core Mac Pro for under $4k and a 100GB 640 x 360 one third HD Resolution Widescreen Video iPod for $399. :D

You guys see those numbers at MacPoll saying 34% want an iPod Phone while only 17% want a Video iPod and 9% want an 8 core Mac Pro and only 5% want new displays? This culture is going INSANE. I do not get it. The voters here have got to NOT represent the masses out there - no other explanation for such flipped numbers.

22% want an Ultra-Thin MacBook like that's gonna happen - right. :rolleyes:

24. macrumors 65816

furious

He is retiring. :confused:

25. macrumors 6502a

oh, this means two things for sure (if the rumor is true):

1. Awesome product(s)
    2. Said products can't possibly live up to expectations, and will dissapointing to those who, ironically, have the most potential to be excited by mac tech products.

I should have taken the week off from macrumors, so I could be blown away by the keynote.

No doubt, this game is still fun, though, and apple still comes up with great, great stuff.