Jobs: "exciting" new ad campaign next week

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by count chocula, Apr 27, 2006.

1. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

at apple's annual meeting for company shareholders, steve jobs mentioned an "exciting" new ad campaign next week. could this be coupled with the release of an "exciting" new product? maybe the macbook? heres the link to the story: http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0604shareholders.html

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was really hoping Apple would come up with a new ad campaign after the switch to Intel. I liked the commercial they had at MWSF but it's been kinda dead since then. I think a more aggressive marketing approach will really help them sell more Macs. I also wonder if they'll use Boot Camp at all.

3. count chocula thread starter macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i'm just praying they couple it with the release of the macbook. I'm stuck on a dell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :mad: :eek: :(

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Maybe it'll be inverted shadows....like the iPod ads, but backwards...hehe

5. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Hmmmmmm...
    Front row 2.0 with a tivo killer?

How do we find out about these events? I would've been there in a second.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If you own Apple shares, you get a notice of the annual shareholders meeting. You can either vote your shares by proxy (usually online) as most people do (if they vote), or you can actually show up at the meeting and vote your shares in person.

7. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

My My my...

If I was a shareholder and happen to be at such a place, my only question to
    His Steeveness wud be..........

WHERE ARE THE MACBOOKS?

8. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

PLEASE let it be an ad campaign ABOUT THE MACINTOSH!

The iPod half of Apple has millions in their advertising budget but the Mac half's ad budget consists of an old, green hay penny.

It really irritates me; it would be good for their business too. It would be like, "Hey iPod users! Don't you like your iPods? Well, the company that makes your iPods also makes computers! Try them out!" Not that it would SAY that, but if they made the "Apple" part obvious then it probably would.