Jobs Joins Eisner Enemy List

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ColoJohnBoy, Feb 5, 2004.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Just browsing and found this....
    Jobs Joins Eisner Enemy List

2. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2003
    New York, NY
    I personally am glad that Steve Jobs stood up to the evil Disney syndicate. Walt Disney will be spinning in his grave faster than a dentist's drill when Disney goes bankrupt because of the loss of Pixar and Apple's support. I know for sure I'd take my kids to ride the rides at Orlando's Apple World amusement park and Macintosh dream land!

3. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL

Disney goes bankrupt....LOL. *reels io_burn back into the world of reality* You do know Disney has their fingers in a whole host of other pies other then animation right? Never mind the fact that they put out some tremendous titles under the Disney logo. Right off the top of my head: Remember the Titans, the newly released Miracle, Tron, Hopefully Tron 2.0, The Mighty Ducks, The Three Musketeers, and of course Pirates Of The Caribbean. And those are just the ones I can think of. Disney is very well diversified. They aren't going anywhere and while this is going to seriously hurt Disney short term in the long run once they get over the cancer that is know as Eisner, and it WILL happen folks, once that man is gone some stability will return to Disney. I think the shareholders and BoDers are close to setting up a gallows for Eisner. There has been plenty of backroom dealings by that man that have not made front page news and has cost Disney a pretty penny. The Disney family too, who still holds large clout at the company, has expressed its "unhappiness" with the actions of Eisner.

It's a great company when they decide to be original. Too bad that hasn't happened in a LONG time. Personally I think everything after Lion King and Mulan started to go downhill fast. Hopefully it will return to its glory days someday.
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    They aren't going to return to their glory days. They chased away most all of the people who got them there.

They may not go away, but they will continue to slide with the long term plan that's in place. However, the executives will continue to be well-compensated.
  5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    Good to see Pixar is getting offers. Hardly surprising - A Bug's Life was their only mediocre film.

Steve Job's comments don't surprise me either. He does like to spice things up!
  6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Steve was just telling it like it is, the animation movies Disney made have been flops while Pixars have been hits. No spin just the facts and the numbers prove it. Eisener is a bean counter and bean counters seem to destroy companies ever so slowly.