Jobs not going to keynote Paris?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by generik, Aug 8, 2006.

1. generik macrumors 601

generik

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

There wasn't a keynote last year, was there? I hope this year isn't a repeat of last year. :(

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Wouldn't be surprised. He hasn't been doing too much stage time as of recently...

4. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I think he is trying to be less critical to Apple so that can remain strong if he heads off into semi-retirement etc. I imagine he will now try and groom a few people to act as an executive to be the face of Apple in a few years.

5. generik thread starter macrumors 601

generik

Does that mean there will be no new products out in Paris? ie: no new iPod, no need MBP, no new Nano, no nothing :(

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Dunno. Jobs didn't do a keynote at 2004, Schiller did, and they introduced an iMac. Last year, if I remember right, there wasn't a keynote at all and people were disappointed because nothing new was released. Except for like, .Mac or something.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Paris is a waste of time. Move the whole thing to London instead. ;)

8. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

May be we might have a special event a couple weeks before Paris expo and Steve might announce the new Merom MBPs plus a new iPod or iPhone or something.

BTW, it does seem that Apple is trying to do away with major product launch on events like MWSF or WWDC etc. As this will help them remain less predictable.

9. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

paris = new ipod so they can crap on the government for telling them to throw away drm

10. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

If there will be a keynote held by somebody else, I hope it'll be that last guy from the WWDC. He was a bit more charismatic than Phil Schiller and that French guy.