Jobs smacks down Disney.

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Feb 4, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

i think steves right.. the sequals disney makes suck!

3. macrumors regular

go jobs you tell them what he he:D i wish apple buys them

4. macrumors regular

Its funny cause its true.

5. macrumors 6502a

simX

It's funny 'cause it's sad.

6. macrumors member

Well, I personally like PDI/DreamWorks' stuff a lot better (Shrek was brilliant!), but, when it comes right down to it, Pixar's work is incredible compared to the latest s**t put out by Disney. It's sad that such a once great company has degenerated to what Disney is today, and it's no joke that Roy got out because of serious quality issues.

Jared

7. macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

8. macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I agree, Shrek was great; but Antz was pretty ho-hum and smacked of "Me Too!" coming out at the same time as "A Bug's Life". (Whether deserved or not)

Both of those films were aimed at older audiences than Pixar's stuff too. ie: I wouldn't take a 3 year old to Shrek or Antz, but I would take them to a Pixar movie. (Maybe that will change without Disney, but I doubt it.)

Pixar's writers seem to have mastered the ability to make things entertaining enough to very young kids without either boring older people to death or blatently ramming some kind of moral, politcal or environmental adgenda down their throats like most the stuff on Kid's TV now-a-days. They also don't resort to too much "locker room" humor, which is fine for adolesents, but not for kids. I think the most crude thing Pixar has done was either the bubbles that the seagul assumed was flatulance or the fish in the tank saying, "...Don't you realize we are swimming in our own...", and the other fish cutting him off with, "Shhhhh". The later of which is completely lost on most kids, but pretty funny to me at least.

9. macrumors regular

Just wait until the $140 million Home on the Range makes about $20 million. That one'll make Treasure Planet look like art in comparison. Disney knows it and it's why they killed their 2D feature division.

Pixar owns you, Disney!