Jobs to do Keynote at WWDC

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by anastasis, Apr 15, 2002.

1. anastasis macrumors member

Apr 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Oh hell yeah. That just made the prospect of new TiBooks at this event much better.
  2. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
    Didn't he keynote Tokyo at a time when people were hoping for a new TiBook?

Hopefully we won't just get another bigger iPod.

I'm hoping for a new TiBook with built in Bluetooth, faster memory, faster than 133 mobo, speed bump to 800, 867 or 1 gig, FIREWIRE 2, and either a built in superdrive or extending iDVD to external DVD's.

I'd also like to see the 14" ibook be the little version, and apple release a 15 inch or bigger screened ibook just to make all those who clamor for just the itty bitty 12" mad. (I'm kidding of course)
  3. anastasis thread starter macrumors member

Apr 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    If they release at least the following, I will buy one...

800mhz PowerPC G4
    133mhz Bus
    32 MB Video

I would love to have a higher screen resolution but that is not hugely important to me. Also I wouldn't mind having a faster writing speed for the combo drive. As far as everyone wanting a superdrive, I have no need for one so that is not on my list.

Does anyone know how long it takes to be approved for an Apple Loan?
  4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Any time Jobs does a keynote the odds are in favor of new items/updates. He's not going to go on stage and say, 'Well, we've been working really hard and things are progressing nicely, but we've got nothing new to show you.'

I look forward to seeing what he'll give us.
  5. msykes macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Obviously you didn't watch they MWNY 2001 Stevenote! His "one more thing" was how hard the employees have been working...

Sure Steve keynoting increases the possibility of a new Ti (and I'm praying for one), but there are no guarantees...

6. Bophonic macrumors newbie

Nov 13, 2001
    Windows Competition

Did you guys see what Apple is competing against these days in the laptop world? The $2500 Sony comes with the new P4 1.8 ghz, plus a 64 video card! In a laptop with a 16" screen. They have to do something GREAT to get the title back and I'm not talking about "different colors". Also, what is the average lofe cycle of a Powerbook and where does that fit in with the TiBook. We're on a 4th revision as it stands...