Jobs vs Gates/Apple vs Microsoft Story Movie last night

Discussion in 'Community' started by Supa_Fly, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

I saw this movie on Global Television last night here in Canada that was pretty good at telling the story and was completely hilarious. I especially loved the scene with Balmer & Gates with the IBM executives when Balmer starts to talk to the TV screen and slowly while he's doing it his image is pulled away from the live scene that smoothly becomes static and when he mentions "Portrait" thats what happens. Got me thinking was that.....hmm yeah that scene was most likely done on a Mac.

There were other scenes that I vaguely remember but the ending seemed cheesy and out of date (saying Microsoft still owned Apple) I thought Apple paid Microsoft back or purchased back those NON-voting stocks.??

Still the movie got me thinking that the big boys in this world have truely "created" their own universe and live comfortably within it. An illusion that is a very persistant one yet still an illusion as Einstein would say.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

it was pirates of silicon valley, right?
    its like a 5 year old made for TV movie
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0168122/

it is good though ;)
    love the way they correctly portrayed the way Steve behaves to his employees.

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I remember that my respect for Noah Wyle went up after seeing that movie; he looked the part and, more importantly, really captured Steve Jobs' personality convincingly. I remember that the guy who played Steve Ballmer also did a good job.

Didn't Noah Wyle also impersonate Steve Jobs at some Apple event shortly after that?