Jobs wants cheaper iPods and 5% of all music sales.

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 14, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G5

nagromme

No--Steve did NOT say any such thing

Every site on the Mac web is now saying Steve has a US goal of 5% for iTunes in two years. Yahoo is now linking to the same story. But that's not truly what he said at all.

He said it's "not inconceivable" that the ENTIRE DOWNLOAD INDUSTRY--not iTunes alone--MIGHT reach 5%. It's speculation, NOT a goal, and it's NOT for iTunes but for everyone combined.

MacMinute has the headline as wrong as everyone else, even though they quote Steve correctly saying just what I've stated :)

http://forums.maccentral.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=news040614jobsphp&Number=682754

The "cheaper iPods" part is true though :)

3. macrumors 65816

cheaper iPods would be nice.
    I love my 40GB iPod and may buy a new 60GB 4th gen and the current iPod mini.

So $75-50 discounts? That would be nice.

4. macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I'd like cheaper iPods too, but I would hate to see the quality decline.

If that was the case I'd gladly pay the current price or even more to have a high quality product! :)

I'll also be buying the highest capacity 4th-gen iPod released, mostly for transfering files around, and would really like a mini as well.

5. macrumors 6502a

What would be cool is if the iPod turned into a music distribution device as well. Meaning that when you buy a new iPod from Apple, you also choose the various tracks and I mean new tracks from musicians and performers, and the music and iPod comes to you together.

What would mean that Apple would need to get that damn Yoko Ono Apple Records out of the way.