Job's while we wait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puppyflightclub, Mar 2, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

what do some of you guys do? I have class at 10, but i'm gonna ask my girlfriend to take my essay and turn it in, while i watch the keynote and get the credit card ready.

are some of you guys at work and going to try to secretly watch the updates or is it in your jobs to work with the web?

[also started this thread because im looking for career ideas, im currently a bio major looking towards dental school]

2. macrumors 6502

College student and work at local minor league baseball park.

Apple Store located 20 minutes from here.

3. macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

cubical dweller. Have a few pre-typed Apple gift cards at the ready for copy paste and will prob hardly get any work done today. Meh, I was extra productive yesterday..

4. macrumors 65816

nooaah

I'm in between drug studies right now so I'm sitting in my office refreshing like a mad man. Just in time for my q1 bonus. :D

5. macrumors regular

It's not going to be sold at the retail stores today. Online only for now.

6. macrumors 6502

Jobs has left the building
    Can you say Elvis ?

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm at work, I don't "secretly" need to do anything but I won't likely watch. I can't help you with a career path but you should note that shirking your responsibilities so you can stay home and watch a keynote seems rather irresponsible. It is just a keynote and frankly, I personally don't see how moving aside everything else just to get the most up to date tech news is at all necessary. That is just me and I'm old so that could potentially be why our views vary.

Signed,
    Party Pooper

8. macrumors 68020

I work in finance, so I'll be periodically checking the Keynote updates via Engadget.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

^drug studies?

pharmaceutical field? sarcasm? literally on drugs?

10. macrumors 65816

nooaah

Oops. I help manage human pharmaceutical drug studies. I'm the one who finds all of those side effects you see on your prescription label. :)

11. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Astronomy ends at 11:50, then headed up to my dorm to read the forums until 1. Then hoping for a live stream! If not, following Engadget.

12. macrumors 6502

Gonna follow engadget liveblog from my phone at work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

wellllllll obviously it is, my mother is screaming in my hear so loud right now if she knew, its only english class, i just need it to transfer im a fairly well essay writer, its not that serious, and let me reiterate im a bio major, im not missing my molecular biology class - more relevant and informative, for the keynote.

nice on being my big macrumors sister tho. +1

14. macrumors 65816

nooaah

Haha I wish regarding the latter. I'm an iPad and future MB Air user because my weekday life consists of flying from city to city to evaluate studies for the pharma companies and FDA. Traveling light is key.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

thats dopeeee, so some part of your lifetime you took OCHEM?

16. macrumors 6502

I didnt go to my 3 classes that i had today..... but its cause im sick. Sitting infront of my iMAC all day :):apple:

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

whoa @ 3

18. macrumors 68030

CrAkD

I manage a small store. So I'll be rocking the engadget live blog till I leave here at 4. Then I'll go home and watch the video of the whole keynote.

19. macrumors G3

ActionScript3 dev for a legal graphics/prese3ntation company.

20. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

+1 for cubicle dweller (Finance). I'll probably check the Engadget updates on my lunch, we'll see how it goes. I'm not upgrading from my iPad1,1, but looking forward to seeing what you all will be enjoying within the next few weeks :)

21. macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Web Developer, so I doubt I'll be the only person at my company following the keynote. My company's pretty relaxed so as long as I get my work done and do a good job they could care less what I do (how every company should be).

22. macrumors member

One of the biggest problem areas I see in my bio students is poor grammar and spelling. Perhaps you should spend more time in your English class...

23. macrumors regular

While waiting here today I've removed all the old sealant from one of my showers and resealed it, nice job too :D and a bit of Killzone 3.

24. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

<Insert Ron Burgundy-style "HEYOOOOO" here>

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

c'mon i know what contractions are, this is macrumors, im not here to demonstrate my skill in written communication.

i can however draw and construct polymer and glucose molecules and explain the process of cellular respiration and all affiliated.