Jobs

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Dec 20, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ya, the Steve kind...

An article from market watch. A look at the year's winners in the business world

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Steve Jobs seems to even have more icon status than Bill Gates. Microsoft is a lumbering giant monoply status of the PC market, but that have no stars. Steve is presiding over the wave of iPod and iTunes. Then he also has the nortiety from Pixar.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Apple has always been a charismatic company, doing what they do with style. People might sneer at Macs but even they generally admire Steve. Steve has the RDF.

Bill, on the other hand, is respected and feared the way the Borg are respected and feared. Besides, he has no personality. Who at M$ has personality? Ballmer? Ha!

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

That is not true. The iPod was introduced in October of 2001. Shows you how little research most writers do...

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Whenever the media talks about anything technical they have to dumb it down, in this case the iPod only pooped into existance when it became an iconic consumer item.

6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Definitely... Looks like Apple's goodness is beginning to snowball...

A snowball that will plaster Gates' face!

*muahahaha....*

;)

8. tristan macrumors 6502a

If Steve ever does the Apprentice thing, I'll be first in line... :cool:

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am not sure that Steve has the behind the scenes personality. I have heard from some that he is great when doing a presentation, but not that "personable" off stage.

Though I would try to get in on that show. :)

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The "Prates of Silicon Valley" definitely showed a trouble side to Steve. The success ate Apple and Pixar would indicate the he has managed to overcome those inner demons of the past. Workers do a much better job for a boss with a positive personality.

11. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Exactly how I'd imagine Steve's personality. The guy's a visionary. Visionaries have little tolerance for bulls**t. That's for politicians--and used car salesmen.
    Also, I'm sure that he's got a little bit of the volatile artistic temperament.

12. cubist macrumors 68020

I think Steve Jobs would be great on that show! He would be perfect!! Someone should suggest it!

13. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Yeah, I'd gotten much the same impression from things I've read about Jobs in the past. There is no question that he's a real visionary and it would seem that everything he touches turns to gold. Just not sure that's he's someone I'd want to hang out with. ;)

14. ipodmann macrumors member

Well Winston Churchill had a similar issue. He was quite the leader but extremely difficult to work for. Only us Mac addicts can appreciate what Jobs has done, instead of waiting 30 years before appreciating him.