John D. Rockefeller, George Washington....Steve Jobs.

Discussion in 'Community' started by medea, Jan 3, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

A premier issue of Macworld magazine autographed by Apple CEO Steve Jobs is being auctioned on eBay and drawing bids in excess of US$900 — comparable to prices paid for John D. Rockefeller or George Washington signatures. Michael Hecht, a director with the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC), told c|net that a signature of George Washington goes for about $500 to $1,000 and Rockefeller gets about $250 to $500. "The prices people are willing to pay for Jobs is ridiculous," Hecht said. "Even Jobs, who probably considers himself an important guy, wouldn't consider himself this important."
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14433&item=2151450105
    http://news.com.com/2100-1017-979164.html

Plus it's the premier issue of Macworld....
    Oh and right now the bid stands at $1,025.00 with one day and fourteen hours left....

Attached Files:

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the value of steve jobs for us macheads cannot have a dollar value put to it

just think, we would most likely be using windows if steve jobs was not there to work with woz and make apple

3. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Plus.. he's way hot.. just look at that picture! mmmmmm

He's totally nuts looking.

Almost as hot and as nuts as my girlfriend. Whee!

Attached Files:

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Lets see a picture of your girlfriend without the hooded jacket and a nice smile. Sure that she's beautiful!

The signature of Steve Jobs is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it!

Also very thankful for Steve & Woz!

5. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Wait, how could we be using Windows if there was no Apple? Why, Bill wouldn't have had anything to rip off in the first place! :D

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

good point

i forgot...ms never makes anything, they just rip it off

my teacher in the microsoft class at school says he thinks they came up with an original concept when they invented the scroll wheel on the mouse:p

7. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Microsoft Hall of Innovation

This site keeps track of submissions for genuine Microsoft innovations, and users chime in with all the companies that did it first. I believe that as of the last update (which was quite a while ago), there were two potential actual Microsoft firsts...one of which was just rejected. Scroll Wheel? Not one of them. Not even the IntelliMouse, which put the scrollwheel on the thumb, was a genuine first.

Fun site to check out, along with *uckmicrosoft.com (great site) and kmfms.com (only really fun if you're a KMFDM fan)

8. job macrumors 68040

job

Your girlfriend looks like a Jawa... :p :D

9. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

bidding finished at $2,274.00!!!

That's an obscene amount of money. It's only a magazine with steve's signature, I'd expect an autographed first issue + the very first mac ever made with verifyable serial number for that. If was well off and collected that kind of thing that is.

10. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I have a copy of that same issue in excellent condition. I can write Steve Jobs on it if anyone is interested.:)