John Doe uses an iMac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by medea, Sep 28, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

medea

Just caught that new show John Doe last night, and the main character, who is apparently super intelligent and knows just about everything, uses an iMac. Just thought that was kinda neat.
    ;)

2. macrumors 604

MacBandit

He also has a new DDR mac.

3. macrumors 6502

well of course he uses macs. he knows everything, so surely he knows better than to use wondoze or any other micro$uck software.

4. macrumors 6502a

chibianh

another new show, The Twilight Zone I think, has macs all over the place... i thought that was kinda neat

If it's not Twilight Zone, then it's Fast lane

couldn't remember which one

5. macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

All this is nice...but look at other shows. In Smallville Lex Luther uses a ti pb, the newspaper department Cloe uses the original iMac. In Girlfriends, iBooks and iMacs are used. In Dark Angel, that one guy uses a tibook.

My point is, most of the tv shows have macs...since macs are the computer of choice for graphics and the entertainment buisness...therefore macs are used more than they really are...up to a third of tv shows have macs in them.

But its cool that a mac is in John Doe. :)

*runs and ducks the incoming flames*

6. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Watch HBO. Nearly every show produced by HBO uses Macs. On "Sex And The City" Carrie uses a PowerBook. On "The Mind Of The Married Man" Mickey uses a TiPBook. It's great publicity for Apple, and it really shows that the industry supports the platform.

7. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Ok, I'm confused. Did they remake the twilight zone or are you on crack? If they remade it then cool, but I haven't heard anything like that.

P-Worm

8. macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yeah, i think they are doin a new run of twilight zone. i saw an advertisement for it while passing the apple sore in roosevelt field mall

9. macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Could it be that Apple promote themselves using product placement in popular TV shows ?

seems the most obvious conclusion from all those obviously zoomed in shots of willow in Buffy The Vampire Slayer using her iBook with the apple logo in full shot for 30 seconds, Logan in Dark Angel with his cube and 22" Cinema Display in full view every time he broadcasts (that I've seen).

10. macrumors demi-god

szark

Wednesday nights on UPN after Enterprise.

11. macrumors member

We cant forget the slew of macs seen on the Drew Carey show...