John Hopkins Downtown Center

Discussion in 'Community' started by joetronic, May 5, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

Do any the Marylandrs here know where the JHU downtown center is? I think its on Charlse and Fayett, but am not realy sure, as I've never been to the downtown center of JHU before. Also, is there a metro stop near by. I know there is one on Charlse, but again, have never gotten of at that stop so I'm not sure.

I have a Assistive Technology inservice there later this month, and anyone who has ever tried to park in downtown Baltimore durring a bussiness day knows how much of a pain it can be, let alone the cost of parking. I always try to take public trasportaion anyway.

Thanks

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Here's the address. The page has a link with directions and parking. Hope this helps.

3. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I looked at the MTA metro map, and there is a stop on charlse. Do you know how far it is from the biulding?

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Wish I could help you more but I've never been there, so I don't have a clue how close the stop is to the building. Can't imagine it would be more than a few blocks though.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i haven't been up there in a few years, but it's walkable from one of the train stops...

try calling them????

6. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried, they just say hold on a sec and transfeered me to someone else, and so on and so on. I'm going to the Walters Art Gallery this Satraday, so I might just get off on the the Charlse stop and see.

7. alywa macrumors 6502

JHU Downtown

The Charles Metro stop is just down the street from JHU downtown. It'll be an easy walk.

-alywa

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

If you're going to the Walthers, I'd highly recommend a stop afterwards at Camden for the game. Always a pleasure. Anyway, the walk from the Charles St. Metro to the gallery isn't bad. And, I'd go to another game when you come back again. If you are thinking about driving, the garages aren't that bad midweek (just the weekends suck). Anyway, enjoy your trip down here...just make sure you don't miss the MARC...Although, if you be in PA, how you using MTA? Are you park and riding in?

9. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry, not a baseball fan, lol. Anyway. I live in PA, but work in Westminster MD, and grew up in Canton/Fells Point then a littel time in Dundulk. I will be driving to the Owings Mills station and taking the metro from there. Its only 20 mins or so from my office.