Join a revolution. Make Movies. Go broke.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by LethalWolfe, Nov 21, 2005.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I dig this guys blog. hdforindies.com

Good NYT article (linked to in the blog) and good commentary in the blog.

Lethal

2. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

It all depends on your audience. If you're just another face in the crowd, sure you're not gonna make any money, but if you're doing something different, and appeal to the right people, then you're gonna make some money. Check out Knoxskorner.com. I did some special effects for the movie, and, well, he definitely made a nice chunk of cash.

3. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

And he's doing it over the web. He's not making a movie and shopping it around looking for a theatrical distribution deal. Which was part of the point of the article. The odds of getting a "traditional" distribution deal are between slim and none so people need to think outside the box and look at alternative distribution methods.

But even then 99.999% of the people are just another face in the crowd that will be burdened by film making debt for years after their "baby" has collected an inch of dust on the shelf. That's just the reality of it. Lowering the price of admission is a double edged sword. Yes, a few diamonds in the rough will be found, but by and large all you'll get is a flood of crap.

Lethal

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Hahaha, i love it... check out the ads below.