Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdarling

macrumors P6
What a load of waffle. All Jony Ive needed to say was this.

"The best way to use a mobile phone or tablet is with your fingers using multi touch. It's brilliant and it works better than any other input method. In fact if your mobile phone uses a stylus as it's primary input method then you are doing it wrong.

But we also know that to do art stuff properly you need the precision of a stylus. We want the iPad Pro to be used for art stuff. So we made a great stylus. In fact it's the best one there is."

Really that is all he needed to say.

Exactly.

Instead he said, "What we found is that there’s clearly a group of people that would value an instrument that would enable then to paint or draw in ways that you just can’t with your finger. And I suspect that this isn’t a small group of people."

That's been well known for decades. It does Apple no credit to make it sound like they just figured out the obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrim1099

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Geez.... Having the OS support those accessories like the iPad PRO does makes a huge difference in it being a "PRO" eh ;) from the Same manufacturer

Can you tell the difference between an iPad Air 2 and an iPad pro? I'm sure u can get a 3rd party "stylus' and Kb for the air 2....

Let's safe ourselves lots of wasted posts and you having to reference the apple Newton. Ooooooooook ;)

If you think you need to go hyperbole to make a point, enjoy. Again, for idiots: There were keyboards and stylus around for the ipads before Microsoft released any Surface tablets. Even someone like you can't deny that

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
If you think you need to go hyperbole to make a point, enjoy. Again, for idiots: There were keyboards and stylus around for the ipads before Microsoft released any Surface tablets. Even someone like you can't deny that

Right..... Calling others idiots where one sees no distinct similiarities between the surface and iPad pro...... can I just ask, am I debating with a Kid? Can we be adults here and drop the pitiful insults?

To get the full potential out of a surface you need the stylus and KB. The iPad pro without the pencil and KB is just an iPad plus.....are you getting any of this? The surface is seen as a laptop replacement .... Tim has been calling the iPad pro a laptop repacement? Notepads pre surface were not viable replacements for a laptop... Dots connecting?

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
So, I have to use my finger to open an app or scroll…. and then pick up the Pencil® when I need to draw or write something, and then put the Pencil® down somewhere and use my finger(s) again for pinching and what-not. Sounds like a Fail to me. (Also, please note the Apple Pencil® is perfectly rounded, and will roll off whatever surface you lay it on. Most real drawing pencils are three-, six- or eight-sided, so they don't roll off the surface.)

Uh, using the word "surface" while speaking of Apple products is not allowed. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.