Journal/Diary App?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by bbotte, Aug 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

bbotte

Hey are there any "journal" or "diary" Apps for the iPhone?

2. macrumors 6502a

Moleskinery

3. macrumors regular

there is the fuctionality to do that and loads of other things in idb.

4. macrumors 6502a

Shame that app is ugly as f***

5. macrumors regular

i prefer functional over pretty.

this was bought for one purpose and now I use it for loads of things.

it has:

to do lists
    account details
    credit card details
    logbooks
    checklists
    diary
    notes

It backs up to a csv file on your machine so you can access the data.

it may not be pretty but I don't think it looks THAT bad.

6. macrumors 6502a

Fine, but the OP asked for a diary-type app, moleskinery is exactly that, works well and looks slick.

7. macrumors regular

bbotte,

About idb... FYI: I have found its two types of diaries very helpful. One, the "diary", autostamps the date per entry which, of course, is pretty much expected. The other, "Log", also stamps the time. I now keep multiple subject/client/hobby-specific journals between the two, depending on whether or not I believe the additional timestamp would be helpful for future reference.

8. macrumors newbie

Raconteur for iPhone

Hey all,

I also wanted a decent journal / diary app for iPhone, and since I couldn't find what I wanted, I wrote one.

The app I came up with is called Raconteur: http://teaapps.com/raconteur. I just released it a couple days ago and I'm trying to get the word out / solicit some feedback. Let me know what it needs! Thanks.

9. macrumors 68000

Pika

[app]idiary[/app]

10. macrumors 6502

I've bought several different ones, and iDiary is BY FAR the best. Great interface, easy to tag and color code, etc... It's worth every penny imo

11. macrumors newbie

I couldn't find moleskinery in the app store. I did see a "noteskinery". Perhaps the company received a cease-and-desist order and had to rename their app?

12. macrumors member

Noteskinnery is the updated version of moleskinnery. Not sure why they changed the name. The app looks great but it takes about 8 clicks to create a new note. If you're putting it in a folder it takes like 13 clicks.

13. macrumors member

Momento

Check out Momento...

[​IMG]

http://www.momentoapp.com

Momento is a unique diary writing application for the iPhone and iPod touch, which provides a quick and easy way to privately record moments throughout your day. Connect with popular social web services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Last.fm, to collect and display your online activity as part of your diary.

Hope you like ;)

14. macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    I use......"diary" for work, and love it.

15. macrumors newbie

Is there a diary app that syncs directly with a desktop app?

I currently use MacJournal, but i cant find an iphone diary app. Is there a way to sync iDiary with MacJournal?

16. macrumors newbie

Is there any diary app that backs up to Google Docs? I really want a diary app, but I want there to be an online back-up option, preferably one that works with Google docs.

17. macrumors demi-god

Maskusee

18. macrumors regular

Yep, just downloaded this gem a few days ago after reading the O'riley review. Great app but NEEDS LANDSCAPE!

19. macrumors 6502a

ScottNWDW

I've been using Notebook by Appigo as a diary for almost a year now. In fact I started using it as a diary last February 1. what I like most is that not only can I add information through the iPhone, but I can also add it through the Toodledo website since it syncs with the Notes component on Toodledo.

It works in landscape and portrait modes and has bolded text and bullets and timestamps. For me, it's the best diary app out there at the moment.

I tried iDiary and like a lot of the features in it. For me, Notebook wins out mainly for the sync ability with Toodledo and through Toodledo I can create and edit my diary on a regular PC or Mac as well as through the iPhone.

20. macrumors 604

anjinha

The developer said it's coming. :)

21. macrumors 6502a

I'm loving Momento. It's ability to pull posts from the various social sites, plus have free input us great. Don't miss not haing landscape as I never type that way. I'm a one handed text writer, something that's easy in portrait but impossible in landscape.

22. macrumors newbie

diary apps

I use an app called Moe's Notes. It lets you record entries in audio, image/video, or text notes. I especially like the ability to add tags to my notes, which means I can track multiple projects at the same time. So I have a diary (which I tag as "personal") plus my work and creative projects that I tag separately (eg "to do," "screenplay," "family" etc. More about it here: http://www.moeskitchen.com/MoesNotes/

23. macrumors member

MacJournal for iPhone

MacJournal just released an iPhone app but it definitely needs a bit of work in that it only supports plain text and no image files and though I haven't had problems with sync some have. Check out their site for more details.

http://www.marinersoftware.com

24. macrumors 6502

What is everyone's opinion of awesome note? I'm thinking of downloading it to replace the stock notes app :apple:

25. macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

5 bucks for a barebones app sounds a bit high. waiting for a surely-to-come better 2.0 app. can't wait to sync with ease with the mac macjournal app :)