journalism under fire.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Nov 10, 2004.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

yay!!...
    seriously, coupled with stories like the ruling in Florida that FOX News (or any other) does not have to necessarily report the truth, I see the very foundations of Journalism crumbling.

I believe this is bad news of the highest order and that regardless of your Politics you should be concerned about the health of the system that is a necessary component to intelligent decision-making and indeed, the very essence of our Democracy.

comments?

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

My first reaction is, "Not again!" It seems we go through this every few years. Every time you think the prosecutors are housebroken, they go back to peeing on the carpet, whining to whatever sympathetic judge they can find.

The reporter's always hurt in the short term, but generally wins out if the newspaper or TV station will stand behind them. Crossed fingers...

'Rat

3. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

Nice to see you post in here, 'Rat.

I was hoping you were able to successfully run the gauntlet.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

DITTO!

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I would love to see a news article or 2 on this. I did a search and couldn't find any. Anybody have a link?

edit: How about 2 links? Preferably one of them from Fox, or an affiliate. :p

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

we had a thread on it. check back a few pages. i believe "florida" was in the title.