jpgs to PDF?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by annelize, Dec 12, 2005.

1. annelize macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2004
    south africa
    i have a lot of jpgs that i want to consolidate into a multi-paged PDF. Is this possible? and what sort of software is recommended for this type of procedure? thanks for your input :)
  2. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Feb 25, 2003
    Cold beer land
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    It is definitely may have to use multiple programs. You'll need to do two steps: first, convert the images to PDFs, and second, combine the individual pages into one page.

Here are some ideas:

1) You can use Photoshop to mass-convert to PDF -- using the "Process Multiple Files" item in the File menu. I think GraphicConverter is another option. Preview can do them one at a time. There is also an Automator action that will do it, although you need ImageMajick to use the Automator action.

2) Automator can handle the second step with the Combine PDF Pages action.

So, if you get the Automator script, you can do it all inside Automator. Based on what I have installed, I'd go with Photoshop to make PDFs and then the Automator action. If you have Photoshop, that's a very easy and straightforward pair. :)

The last ditch option would be to import them all into Word or PPT and make a big multi-page document and print it. :(
  4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    Only one application is required, PDFLab. Drag in the jpgs, combine and save. That's it.
  5. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    iPhoto will do it in one fell swoop. Print your jpgs N-up to PDF. You can do as many as 16 images per page. Long story short--case closed.