Judge Upholds Most Serious Charges Against DeLay

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 5, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Now all the fence sitters in the Republican Party will have no choice but to turn away from Delay and his Texas brand of fundraising lest they receive a tarring as well. It's about time that a man who knows no shame is brought to his knees, a little jail time wouldn't be a bad thing either. I wonder how bushco is going to react to this?

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Darn activist judges.

Funny, because I thought the real charge was the conspiracy because he tried to cover it up. That's how they getcha.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

DeLay is now polling on the short end of his reelection contest, according to an article I read this AM. The election is still nearly a full year away, but it's difficult to see things getting better for him in the interim, short of a complete exoneration at trial.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Probably doesn't matter. Damage is done. Of course, to quote Steven Colbert, an unnamed Democrat usually does better than a named Democrat, so I wouldn't take the poll too seriously. ;) Bush would have lost to "unamed Democrat" according to the pre-2004 election polls.