Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I guess I might as well join the fun. It's a standard picture but I still think it is one of the best ever.

Attachments

• Imagen 1.jpg
    Imagen 1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 192

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Diatribe said:
This is the best desktop thread ever, I don't think I have ever asked so many people for links, but I have to do it again...

Do you have a link for that pic? :)
Since you asked so politely, I have hosted it here.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
wPod said:
here is mine. im ready for the tour!!! or well, at least my computer is. big one is my external monitor small one is my PB monitor. GO LANCE!!! (the tour de france starts tomorrow btw)

Awesome cycling pics! Do you have a link to the images? Infact where can i get some nice cycling inspired desktops from??

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Diatribe said:
I guess I might as well join the fun. It's a standard picture but I still think it is one of the best ever.

Where is the Corona in the steel bucket?

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
mad jew said:
Well, I'm not there yet. I only just bought the place.

Plus, I don't have Photoshop so no arrows, and I swear that puts me in a very small group on these boards - maybe just the one. :(

So, my new place is in this section but to be honest I'm not fully sure I want to be all that much more specific. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I'm not living there anyway.

Oh yeah, and it's not the futuristic looking one. ;)

I can't tell much from that pic, but it's awesome that you could see your new place on my desktop. I got that on MacDesktops.com.

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
ho hum, now that it actually is July, I changed again. Had to hunt around for some time to get a vector Apple logo (if anyone wants, PM me).

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 148

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
Time for a change WARNING StarWars:ROTS SPOILERS

The first two I've actually had since I finally got around to seeing ROTS a couple of weeks ago. There are some minor Episode III spoilers if you enlarge the first 2. The last one is my current one. I finally had the desktop cleared of all the Firefox updaters and now I have all of this white space. Felt I needed a few more icons in that white space. Got SNK on the brain this week.
Still awaiting those "great PowerPC products in the pipline" Steve. Might as well spend my money on bluetooth devices for my future Mactel now.

Attachments

• ROTSspoof-desktop.jpg
    ROTSspoof-desktop.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 192
  • HandiVaderDesktop.jpg
    HandiVaderDesktop.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 182
  • KoF2000-Desktop.jpg
    KoF2000-Desktop.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 124

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Diatribe said:
This is the best desktop thread ever, I don't think I have ever asked so many people for links, but I have to do it again...

Do you have a link for that pic? :)
We've all become smarter and learned what the other person likes before ourselves!

<end stupid stuff>

Wow, these wallpapers are NIZNICE!

Electric Monk

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2005
Here's a couple I'm rotating as desktops, they're posted without actually showing the desktop just to save a second post if anyone wants them. They're by David Latham.

Attachments

• spacemovie.jpg
    spacemovie.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 153
  • StopPlease.jpg
    StopPlease.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 163

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
FadeToBlack said:
Here's mine.

Also, I was wondering, is there a way to take a screen capture in OS 8.6? I was just wondering, in case I wanted to take a screenshot on my PowerBook.

Link please :p

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.