Jumbled text?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fowler., Oct 11, 2004.

1. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

I've been having these weird problems with the OS. Sometimes in apps such as Statoo, Mail and Salling Clicker, the text gets all jumbled.. or comes out in some weird garb. I can't remember if it ever happened on my single 733.. but it happens sorta often on my 2.5.

Check this out.. if it comes up in another place, I'll take another screen..

Attached Files:

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Are you using any software that plays with the OS settings for the dock or the gui for OS X? Because the names of the programs are suppost to go on top of the icons when you put your mouse over them, not under like that.

3. fowler. thread starter macrumors 6502a

fowler.

yeah, I'm using transparent dock. I guess that could explain that screen shot..

4. fowler. thread starter macrumors 6502a

fowler.

This is the jumbled text I'm talking about..

Attached Files:

5. PixelFactory macrumors regular

Have you messed with the fonts in the system folder? I do know that using Adobe's Helvetica font causes jumbling in Safari and other Cocoa apps. I do find it quite annoying that Apple used Helvetica as a System font. I hate when designing and having to turn off Adobe Helvetica so I can read my mail.

6. fowler. thread starter macrumors 6502a

fowler.

As far as I know, the system font folder is fine.

The only time that I can think of where I deleted anything that might be related is when I used one of those foreign language deleting apps.

Or when I screwed around in font book, trying to figure it out..

7. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i get the same problem in camino occasionally. i just have to scroll up and down to solve hte problem.

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

You're running Panther, so go figure.

G'won, try it. Command-tab, hold down Command, and explore your options. :mad: