Jumpman Joe?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bossass, Oct 6, 2006.

1. bossass macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    Did anyone play that game on a PC like 15ish years ago? I loved that game. You were a little stick figure and you had to jump around a 2D board. I think you were some kind of janitor or something. I remember having it on one of those 5 inch-ish floppy discs.
  2. Jeromie macrumors member

Jan 28, 2005
    You brought me out of the woodwork

To say that, yep, I played that game. And yep, I thought it was great.

I tried out Jumpman Zero for my PC a couple years ago, and it brought back some of those memories.

There is also info about the game here (including downloads of the original, though I haven't tried any so I can't say if they work or not), for those of you who would like to find out what we're reminiscing about.
  3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    New York City
    Jumpman Jr. was one of my favorite games on my Atari800xl. I'm guessing Jumpman Joe was the original? I don't remember playing that one.

I'd love to play that game again it was so much fun. As soon as I get a flash cart for my Nintendo DS I'm going to look into playing it.

What's interesting is Jumpman was Mario's name in the first Donkey Kong game, but the 2 games aren't related. This game always reminds me of Hard Hat Mac, which was another game I would play to death at the time.
  4. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Jun 6, 2005
    Ditto that, except I played it on my cousin's Colecovision (I don't think it ever came out for Intellivision, which is what I had).

I played it on my PC with an emulator quite a bit at an old job, after I gave two weeks notice (well, ok, I played it before I gave notice, too:D )