Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k3ith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
New York, NY
I had originally preordered the SS Watch at like 3:04a EST, but in 38mm. But then when trying it on at the Apple Store later that day came to the sad realization that it's too small for me. So now I'm stuck with a June delivery date.

Oh well. I know with iPhone 6 orders last year people who missed the first initial wave of phones were given dates like November, but then those orders actually moved up so much that they received their order 2 or 3 days past release day.

I'm hoping the same might happen here, but not counting on it as this is a new product and I'm pretty sure they can't ramp up in the same way.

But who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:confused::mad::(:confused:

Last edited:

sam223

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
Ha Ha same here. I had ordered the 38mm sports for the 24th but after seeing it in person cancelled the order. Sooo tiny. I was told at the store by an employee that the watch would be sold to the "general public" starting instore on the 24th. I ordered the 42mm for June just in case.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I ordered here in UK at about 8:10 when the site finally let me on, I ordered a SS with bright blue leather loop and 2 extra sport bands, one white and one black, I got a dispatch date of 4-6 weeks. Either Apple have sold really well of these watches or they were in very short supply to begin with.

I'm not complaining 4-6 weeks isn't as bad as some peoples estimates of June-July time.

grither

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
i ordered about 2.5 hours after opening and received a June date

at the store yesterday, the guy told me it will likely be earlier, but who knows if he has any idea

gal24

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Same here:
Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Bright Blue Leather Loop - Medium
June.any chance we will receive it earlier?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Placed our order about 4am EST, went straight to June (and still processing).

baby-crying-450.jpg

:D

bking10

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
i ordered about 2.5 hours after opening and received a June date

at the store yesterday, the guy told me it will likely be earlier, but who knows if he has any idea

They are just setting realistic expectations. Better to lose a couple orders due to long waits, than anger customers due to delays. It's a good move. They ship ur watch in May and you will be happy and talk up Apple even though it's still a month late Where as they tell you May and ship in June you would be super mad

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
the problem is that we don't get to "try-on" or "see it live" before pre-order starts.

now those of us who are interested in a DIFFERENT model, are doomed to either wait for months or buy it off eBay.

in a way, Angela actually encouraged people taking advantage of the system

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The pink modern buckle and 42mm space black are now estimated with July shipments. It seems Apple underestimated demand for those models in particular.

ricknologic

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Sydney
Aghhh I just had the worse day yesterday!
Seriously!!

SS Space Black are rare as!!! but I did manage to have it in time for 4-6 weeks.. but right as I saw it, I realize I had to change my address, when I had it done, it simply changed the delivery to June!!!!!!!! can you imagine it? I was already disappointed with May delivery.. Aghhhhhhh

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Placed an order for a 38mm SS and got a 24th April release day but I tried both on at Apple store and now 42 is the one I want.
But after cancelling the 38 and ordering a 42, I've now been pushed to June. I don't mind because I'm so glad I went in and tried the 38 on, I would have been dissappointed receiving the 38 to see it being to small.

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Last edited:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
the problem is that we don't get to "try-on" or "see it live" before pre-order starts.

now those of us who are interested in a DIFFERENT model, are doomed to either wait for months or buy it off eBay.

in a way, Angela actually encouraged people taking advantage of the system

Hmm, I never thought about it that way. I imagine, if Apple had predicted this (people ordering multiple watches because of their uncertainty) they might have scheduled the try ons, perhaps, a week before the pre orders went online. Then, maybe we wouldn't see so many people who ordered at the first opportunity with later delivery dates.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Does anyone have experience with past preorders, might 'June' be a worst case scenario and we could see it earlier in May or is this pretty locked in?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I woke up at 3AM and pre-ordered a 38mm Space Gray Sport. 5/13-5/24 delivery date. :mad:

Tried on both 38mm and 42mm in store and think the 42mm is better (my wrist is 155mm, so I'm probably wrong). Ordered a 42mm at noon. June ship date.

I need to try them on again and decide if I really want the bigger one because if I'm waiting until June, I have to be sure.

I had a $45 coupon Apple had given me for the iOS 8 debacle that messed up my phone, so I used that on the 42mm (it went through even though it was expired).

The problem is that I really don't 'need' it and the longer I wait, the more logical I tend to become. Let's face it, for $450 I can get a really nice watch.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Does anyone have experience with past preorders, might 'June' be a worst case scenario and we could see it earlier in May or is this pretty locked in?

I don't think we'll know anything until the first orders move to "prepared for shipping" - if everyone (or most everyone) in the 4/24 to 5/8 group get the first part of that range, it will be a good sign for those with later dates.

Wildgift

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
I had originally preordered the SS Watch at like 3:04a EST, but in 38mm. But then when trying it on at the Apple Store later that day came to the sad realization that it's too small for me. So now I'm stuck with a June delivery date.

Oh well. I know with iPhone 6 orders last year people who missed the first initial wave of phones were given dates like November, but then those orders actually moved up so much that they received their order 2 or 3 days past release day.

I'm hoping the same might happen here, but not counting on it as this is a new product and I'm pretty sure they can't ramp up in the same way.

But who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:confused::mad::(:confused:

Exactly my experience.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I don't think we'll know anything until the first orders move to "prepared for shipping" - if everyone (or most everyone) in the 4/24 to 5/8 group get the first part of that range, it will be a good sign for those with later dates.

Fingers crossed :)

June seems waaaay to far away.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'm the kind of person that always goes to bed really late (usually around 4:30am on average) and, OF COURSE, pre-order day would be the one day I felt tired and went to sleep earlier. I did set an alarm for 2:55am but I slept right through it and apparently I kept hitting the snooze button in my sleep. I finally woke up at around 4:30am and pre-orders had moved to June. I'm hoping that between cancelations and production this results in a sooner ship date.

But, for now, I'll go back to looking like this:

Attachments

• 111-silent-house2-elizabeth-olsen-2012.jpg
    111-silent-house2-elizabeth-olsen-2012.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,373
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.