Junk Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxigalaxy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. maxigalaxy macrumors member

maxigalaxy

Suddenly, Mail is indicating every single incoming message as JUNK. And when I mark them as "not Junk" the application does it, but keeps the header brown:eek: . Next time I receive a message from the same sender it will be junk again :)mad: ). Even messages that I send to myself:confused:
    I tried to reset it...nothing. Do you know if there is anyway I can unistall the whol f***** application and reinstall it??????

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Set junk mail settings to training. my best solution.

also, i am getting more and more junk mail to my .mac account. why does this happen to me? WHY!? at least the filter sorts it out.:D

3. maxigalaxy thread starter macrumors member

maxigalaxy

Mail is already on training...:mad:
    This is happeneing on my powerbook, on the iMac with the same settings, everything is OK. This thing is driving me crazy:mad:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In the Preferences for Mail there is a Reset button at the bottom of the Junk pane (in Tiger). Have you tried pressing this to reset some Junk settings?

Also, do you have any rules set up (also in Preferences)? There was a problem a while back with Junk filtering messing up when no rules were present. :)

If none of this applies, then look for a file named LSMMap2 and drag it to the Trash (don't empty) whilst Mail is closed. Open up Mail again and see how things go. If it's all working normally, then Empty The Trash. :)

5. cairo macrumors regular