JUNO now works with Panther

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by WilliamGates, Nov 15, 2003.

1. WilliamGates macrumors member

New downloadable version of Juno software is now available.

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

I dont know a lot of people with mac users still with dial up..it seems so hard to use...(when compared to windows)

3. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Dial up sucks. But Juno Dial up sucks and blows at the same time.

4. WilliamGates thread starter macrumors member

I dunno. Tell me which is the most popular and common when I am out of town in a strange motel. Do they give more free ethernet or cable to computer connection at the Motel 6? I like to be able to go practically anywhere and still be able to get online. As far as JUNO's compatability it is better than Earthlink dial up in my area. The software gives absolutely no problem. I think more people still use dial up than you think. Also with Juno software there is no going into your System Preferences/Network windows. Just download the software, enter your username and password once and go. A 6 year old could install JUNO. I perceive you guys really don't have a clue here.
    Maybe you think I'm just trying to sell something. I have used Juno for about a year now but after switching to Panther the install software would not work. JUNO finally upgraded their software and now it works. Simple. I figure in spite of your comments there are JUNO users out there somewhere like me who were waiting on this update and needed to be informed. If you don't use it dont worry yourself about it. I don't care if you use it or not. Personally I like paying $9.95 per month for my ISP instead of $22 or more per month

5. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

6. Pennyburt macrumors newbie

download?

Download? How? Every link I can get to is a .exe that I cannot open on my mac. I've never seen the promised .sit or .pkg that they say I'll get. I put in an email support request and they didn't even read it. They sent me a canned response with a link to the Windows XP/2000 page.

I replied and asked them to email me the .pkg but I doubt I'll see it. If anyone has it, or knows what to open that .exe with, could you help a girl out?:confused:

7. javester macrumors newbie

Same problem here - exe is downloaded instead of pkg or sit

What gives?
    I looked at the HTML code and they have this convoluted checking javascript which doesn't work.

Can't they do a simple FTP site?

8. Pennyburt macrumors newbie

Got it, but not from Juno

I got the download from the wonderful WilliamGates! Juno cannot seem to understand that their link points to the wrong file.
    My husband posted it to his .Mac account and has given me permission to post a link:
    Here 'tis