Juno offers dial-up service to OS X users

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by voicegy, Mar 6, 2003.

1. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    (From MacInTouch.com)

Juno Platinum for Mac offers Mac OS X users easy-to-use, reliable Internet service with thousands of access numbers nationwide, fast connections, compatibility with all of the most popular instant messaging programs, and Web-based e-mail that is accessible from any Internet connection, for only $9.95 a month. Available now, Juno Platinum for Mac software is downloadable by going to http://www.juno.com/

(Note: I haven't tried this myself, so I'm not promoting or advertising the service...but thought it newsworthy nonetheless, especially for our dial-up members...I being one of them.):)

Curious to hear feedback...looks like a good price for the service they claim!

2. Bear macrumors G3

Read the EULA (End User License Agreement) or TOS [Terms of Service) (or whatever JUNO calls it.] before you install their software.

The used to be some nasty provisions in there. They may have changed since I last looked.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'm not sure what the difference is between an ISP that supports Mac and one that doesnt? besides the fact that their help desk/tech support will be a little less clueless... hopefully...

i've never seen a non-proprietary ISP that *doesn't* work with macs...

pnw

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The thing is Juno/Netzero are propriatary 'net services. 'ell on the PC, you can't use anything but their browser, mail client, and they have more ads per second, than that an MLB Stadium.

My 24601 Cents

TEG

5. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

I can't beleive these dial-up ISP's are still around. They must be losing clients like crazy. No one wants a crappy dial-up connection. Unless you are totally ignorant to what the internet is capable of, or don't have the service in your neighborhood, there is noone who would order it. How can you compare 160k/sec downloads with 5k/sec downloads? I can't wait for these companys to die.

6. vniow macrumors G4

One word.

Price.

Dial up is the only option where I live and for what I do on the internet I couldn't justify spending an extra $20 a month on high speed access.

Lower it to $30 a month and we'll talk.

7. MaxArturo macrumors member