Juno or Earthlink dialup?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by coolbreeze, Aug 19, 2003.

1. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2003
    I have Comcast cable at home, but need a cheap dial-up alternative because I've started traveling again. I refuse to give AOL any of my $$, so I am looking at either Juno or Earthlink. I often travel to big cities, and sometimes small towns (i.e. Lexington Park, MD and China Lake, CA)...so a full list of access #'s is important. So is price..that's why Juno looks good now (9.95/month). Earthlink comes in at 21.95/month (with the first 6 months half price).

Any suggestions? It's gotta be unlimited...no minute watching here.

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Go for EarthLink, absolutely. It works much better for OS X versus Juno, even though it is more expensive. But better product, better service, basically everything about Earthlink is better than Juno, I think it justifies the higher cost after the six-month introductory period.
  3. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

Mar 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, Ca
    i use Earthlink and I highly recommend them. Their custmer service is excellent.
  4. applefan macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2003
    No. Cal.
    Get Earthlink

I tried Juno years ago, very slow. Could be better now, but I doubt it. I used earthlink till about 6 months ago and no problems. I switched to SBC because I get DSL and dial-up for $50/mo.
  5. big macrumors 65816

Feb 20, 2002
  6. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

Mar 27, 2003
    Earthlink gives you extra features, such as a webpage or 2, and has the fastest 56k I've ever used. I got it up to 10 kB/sec often, before I switched to their DSL.
  7. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2003
    Connecticut, United States of America
    Re: Juno or Earthlink dialup?

Well, you get what you pay for man. Juno=Netzero. It's laggy, they sell you info, force you to watch commercials on connection that lasts like 2 minutes on purpose. And make you DL new commercials when you log off. Not to mention they might not even let you use full screen apps. They wont allow you to connect w/o their software either...
    Earthlink isn't great either to be honest. I've had it b4 I got cable and had many many timeouts... Besides in my area they only had 1 number...
    I'd suggest SBC Yahoo... It's only 15 bucks for unlimited access w/o annoying commercials... ATT is good too i guess...