Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNewsFix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Twin Cities
Context. You were accusing HTC of copying Apple based on an unconfirmed rumor. That is FUD. It has nothing to do with me hanging out on Macrumors. Macrumors does not post FUD piece, it doesn't pretend its rumors are facts and doesn't accuse anyone based on them.

Of course, you being a reasonable person also know that and wouldn't pretend your post wasn't out of line and premature...

If a piece of news is good enough for BGR, Business Insider, and about a dozen or more Android news sites (and many more), I'm ok linking to it.

BTW, this isn't a court of law, its a thread in a forum of a rumor site, so please don't treat it as such. However, and by all means, please let me know when companies start going after MR forum members for libel.

Don't be unreasonable. ;)

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
If a piece of news is good enough for BGR, Business Insider, and about a dozen or more Android news sites (and many more), I'm ok linking to it.

BTW, this isn't a court of law, its a thread in a forum of a rumor site, so please don't treat it as such. However, and by all means, please let me know when companies start going after MR forum members for libel.

So you're ok with spreading FUD ? thanks for making this easy. That pretty much means you'll never post anything worthwhile for me to read. Goodbye.

MacNewsFix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Twin Cities
So you're ok with spreading FUD ? thanks for making this easy. That pretty much means you'll never post anything worthwhile for me to read. Goodbye.

'FUD' is walking into an electronic giant and being told not to buy a Mac, because "most businesses use Microsoft Word which only runs on PCs."

Unless Apple, Microsoft, or another HTC/Android competitor fabricated these photos (which would be odd considering many sites carrying the story are actually complimentary) and any real negative implications for HTC by the leak can be determined from a perception standpoint, the news fails the litmus test when it comes to FUD.

The truth of the matter is that HTC would be hurt most by having IP prematurely revealed, and I have yet to see HTC post a statement debunking the associated stories (thus giving it all the more credence).

Please do mind the door.

linux2mac

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
"City of Lakes", MN
'FUD' is walking into an electronic giant and being told not to buy a Mac, because "most businesses use Microsoft Word which only runs on PCs."

Unless Apple, Microsoft, or another HTC/Android competitor fabricated these photos (which would be odd considering many sites carrying the story are actually complimentary) and any real negative implications for HTC by the leak can be determined from a perception standpoint, the news fails the litmus test when it comes to FUD.

The truth of the matter is that HTC would be hurt most by having IP prematurely revealed, and I have yet to see HTC post a statement debunking the associated stories (thus giving it all the more credence).

Please do mind the door.

Things aren't looking good my fellow Apple fan, you may end up on the Caped Crusader's Ignore List. For me that was an early fate I suffered as a new Mac Rumors member during the infamous "Steve Jobs Says Blu-ray Is a Bag of Hurt" thread (I was also the top poster by the way) when I wouldn't back down on the death of 1080p which would quickly be replaced by 4K, and that 1080p would be the gold standard for HD TV for less time than DVDs were the gold standard for movies. Fast forward to IFA 2012 and it's all about 4K and 8K TV's. "BOOM!"

And getting back to the topic at hand, the Macalope pretty much sums up what all "the Apple trolls have to say about this verdict."

Enjoy! :apple:

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
Can't understand how they can think that the iPhone is an original design.

Attachments

• apple2.jpg
    apple2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 82

Melab

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011

----------

Interesting isn't it? The country where Apple is from and the city where the trial takes place is Apple's hometown where they pay nice tax dollars.... they win. But everywhere else... people have been smart enough not to let their ridiculous patents on rounded corners or a grid of icons go through.

Can't believe this company has spawned the kind of fanboys it has today, absolutely disgusting.

Different laws, remember?

----------

Funny. I don't see a physical keyboard on the NokiaSoft Lumia 900. ;)

Exactly! Similarly to politicians relying on the public's longterm memory being bad when they try to get away with contradicting themselves (aka 'flip-flopping') on an issue, plenty of Apple's competitors rely on people forgetting what smartphones were like prior to the iPhone.

Pinch-to-zoom, double tap to zoom, etc, have become commonplace in the industry due to copycat Android OEMs and Google having stampeded to snatch up the features Apple mastered. Prior, nobody had these. Again, it was only obvious after Apple made it so.

Am I the only around here who thinks that Samsung was influenced by Apple's iPhone yet does not think the copied aspects should be patentable? So far I've only seen either pro-exclusivity/"Samsung copied" or anti-exclusivity/"Samsung did not copy". Has anyone seen the anti-exlusivity/"Samsung copied" position?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.