Just A Few Suggestions. Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irain, Nov 23, 2005.

1. irain macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2005
    Hey, I have a few questions and some advice things to ask you guys about...

1) For Christmas, my parents got me a flat screen TV with TiVo. Now, I know that for TiVo there's something where you can tranfer recorded shows over the network. Is there any program where I would be able to put it on a (maybe getting) iPod?

2) Last year I got a Bose SoundDock for my report card. Right now it works fine, and I can fit my 3rd gen. iPod in it fine. If I were to buy the 5th gen. iPod (with video), would it fit properly? Anyone that has a Bose SoundDock please let me know, thanks!

3) For one of my Christmas gifts from my parents, I think I want an iPod (with video). Do you think the 60 gigs is really needed? I would probably have like 500 songs, 100 photos, and maybe like 10-20 hours of video. Would the 30 gig iPod hold all that? Thanks

Thanks a lot if you can answer my questions!
  2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003
    I don't know the answer, but why do so many young people on these forums already know what their parents are getting them for Christmas. That would suck. It's no fun.... it's not Christmas, and the point is missed. Or am I wrong?

Hell, I'm 30 and I feel like I did when I was a kid at Christmas... it's good to "not know" what you got. It makes that BETTER for the GIVER too... also it's good to give to others (charity, foodbank, united way, etc...) which makes you feel extra good.