Just a thought

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Maybe Demi-God is not the best title for who we are. Why not just call our member status - MacRumors contributor or MacRumors Supporter

Don't know if it would make all that much difference, but what do you all think?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ehh, i think the title itself is not as big an issue as how it's used.

the only reason i could see changing it is because some folks might have started to see it as a bad thing. but that probably won't change with a name change.

just my thought.

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I don't see any need to change the title. Even just having something like 'Contributor' would set you apart from the rest, so the effect is still the same.

Let's not make the consequences too far-reaching, ok? It was just a misunderstanding, which should now have been rectified.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. as it is there's like 2 threads this morning that are going at all. and the one is bmw which doesn't interest me.... talk about boring. ha

need some pizazz!

5. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

he he..... sad isn't it. The other one is discussing the collapse of the dgvpg..... :rolleyes:

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

yeah, well, it wasn't meant to last anyway, that's whats so sad about it, no one really realized that - oh well - better days ahead, MWNY coming soon - and I'm thinking we did pretty good filling the time between rumors here! So its not a total loss:D

7. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I dont see the need to change any names!

i think that Demi-Gods is a good and interesting name and suits the board and Macs! After it is only Demi! There is no claim of total godhood, if there are people that have problems with it. Then I am sure they would have problems even if you called it "Lowly Dudes who gave up money to show coolness"

I dont think it something to worry about, really.
    You can never please everyone.
    Dont let these issues deter or cause you to double think motives of issues that are in place, remain strong. After all you are the Demi-gods.

I think that the Demi-God unity is a pivotal advantage over other boards and can play a unique role in the experience of MacRumors!

As Dukestreet stated, it can make times between Macworlds or events far more enjoyable and retain users during those times of lackluster events.
    Its obvious that the constant " I want a G5! " threads or the similar types. Are not the best method to create interest or subject manner for threads and posts.

The ability of the Demi-Gods to unify and work together towards creating scenarios or happenings of interest is a trait that needs to be exploited and used.

I enjoyed the recent attempts to confuse and stir up the members.
    i also think that they were effective in raising the ire and confusion amonst these members. I think thats good since conflict of some sort is needed to generate interest!

So all in all, I say job well done and feel NO recriminations!

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I say, no changes. The whole thing was a joke, and was for fun, but some people did not see that. However, I am not going there again.. leave it as it is.

9. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Ok, so what I dont get about this forum...

Demigod/mug = the little private forum?

Postcount/Site talk= community?

Think this part of the site will last?

Maybe...

10. mr.w macrumors regular

I'm all for supporting the site, but you need to think of a better advertising scheme... (the whole private form thing and how great it is). I mean in time, if lets just say 500 people became demi-gods, the private form would just turn into a public form, because there are really only 500 people or so that actually post regularly...

sorry i guess this is a little off topic, I was just thinking.....

11. resm macrumors 6502

just a thought

no....not off topic at all.

the whole idea was to inspire members to become demi-gods so they will be helping to maintain this site.

If ever they become the majority fantastic !

that would inspire more of the minority to become part of the majority :D

with regards to the title (demi-god)....there will always be someone to disagree with almost anything....for me there is no problem to have the impression to be a little bit closer to heaven :)

12. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Actually, I am going to contact the ACLU and have them sue due to the fact that as a Demi-God, I will never be able to be a God. Thus, I am being discriminated against because that is just wrong.

:p

Tounge in cheek.

13. resm macrumors 6502

well....try harder

maybe one day you will get a promotion :D

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I say just leave it as it is...scrap the DGVPG thing and just hope things get back to normal...

we don't need a revolt against the Demi-Gods from the rest of the community...

but we can still encourage people to contribute...but just not make such a big deal out of it like we did last week...

I already see most of u have gone back to your regular avatars (as I)...are u taking the DGVPG out of your sigs also?

15. mr.w macrumors regular

I take it that we'll still have to pay for the mug to find out what DGVPG stands for right???

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I don't know what u are talking about... ;)

but I do find your sig to be quite...expectatious...is that a word?!

17. dantec macrumors 6502a

Ok i'll stop now, you guys are probably going to take legal action, and remove my account!

Nooo...

I just realized you can only post every 30 seconds... A note to the moderator: not very effective with people like me! :)

18. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You don't get demi-god status by post count, you ONLY get it by contributing to the site. e.g. buying a macrumors mug from the store.

19. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its effective when a moderator goes and deletes the posts. Don't do that again, ok?

thank you,

D

20. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

uuuhhhh

what did I miss, there was a post deleted?
    what, where , when , why?

21. dantec macrumors 6502a

Re: uuuhhhh

Don't worry, a moderator deleted some of my posts... Nothing important. I mean this whole thread here is B.S. anyway... I just came to find out if I could post in this area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.