Just announced! The next Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyeluvmyimac, Mar 1, 2004.

1. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Awesome! I think I found a great xmas gift already :)

3. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah this was already on Macbytes....I'd love to see better graphics but then again that game is fun...

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I'm really excited about this game. I've been a big fan of the "Grand Theft Auto" series.

I already pre-ordered my copy. Has anyone else?

Now that it's been announced, What country will be the first to ban sales of it like has been done with previous versions?

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Gee, all the way until almost 2006 for the xBox version...I better start saving.

7. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Jeez... Sorry King Cobra. I edited my post to conform to your strict standards. I assure you that I will never begin a question with "I wonder if..." or "I wonder win..." ever again.

By the way, why do people complain when a game isn't coming to their system for such a long time? A company is entitled to decide what platform to support!! To decide a platform is a business decision, not a feeling of hate. (Anyways, I had to rant) :D :)

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

they are going to have to add a lot more content for me to buy. i never finished vice city just cause i got bored with it. i was on the last level and just stopped playing one day, hopefully they made some good improvments then just more weapons and vehicles.

iJon

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

Well lately I've had to work with/around some people that expect me (or someone) to respond to an open statement, such as one having to deal with wondering, and, as I said, I had to get that out on my system. Better now than later.

BTW: it's not a strict standard, just me venting.

Excellent. See how it feels to get some hate out into the public through some healthy venting, like reasoned rants? :) (Ah, the smilies are "changing"...)

But, more directly "pressing the issue," I find the platform decision kind of awkward, since the game won't be released on both platforms on the same day, or even close to the same day. I guess it's a force of habit from me (and probably including the xBox owners that wanted Vice City on the xBox) to see a fairly publicized game be released on all intended platforms on the same day.

__

What I would like to see in GTA v.5 are resolves for some of my pet peeves:

-->On "find a car -- deliver it to ..." missions, I would like to have a picture as to what the car looks like.
    -->City locations and directions need to be much more explicit.
    -->In-mission instructions need to be more to the point.

10. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Sometimes a good rant can really turn a bad day around. :)

I thought the same thing as you. Usually, a game is released on multiple platforms on the same day. My guess is that Sony has an exclusive contract with Rock Star Games that pays them to keep the game of other platforms for a specific time period.

Oh, by the way, I agree with your suggestions for revisions in the new version. I think that the new game needs to also include shorter segment introduction videos and allow the main character to interact with more of the background (buildings, etc.).