Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borednroom3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
not to long ago a good friend of mine bought me a mac. at first i was skeptical but its freakin great!!! plus he set me up on this sight... he even bought me a mac sign... just wanted to show the world my appreciation by saying thanks cyanide
im not getting mushy now

p.s. who buys there friend a computer? beat that
and APPLE RULES!!!

cyanide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2005
Chicago
i got him an iMac DV off of ebay. its 450, 256, 10gig (yikes) and i loaded x on it. its in mint condition, and at a cool 230 bucks you cant go wrong. I would like to see a 7 year old wintel box run xp on an equal processor scale with that much memory and be able to do half the stuff he can with his perfect little iMac. My family has the same one in the kitchen, and has since it came out, so i knew it was a great buy.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Cool - my family members have a couple of those, at even lower MHz, all still going strong with never a problem. They may be old but, those iMac G3s were good machines!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Chappers said:
I think many PC people are sceptical about Macs

Yes -- I know that.

But I was specifically interested in hearing what his views were before he got the Mac.

borednroom3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
But I was specifically interested in hearing what his views were before he got the Mac.[/QUOTE]

well before i met my friend i didnt really think about apple computers and when i met him i thought it was really dumb until he showed me expose'. now i know its not the coolist thing but it was impressive enough to get me even more interested and what hooked me was the fact that you could find any file really easily. i was only skeptical after i got it because i thought that there MUST be some huge flaw but i began to realize that there wasn't going to be one

borednroom3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2005
oh yea and i bought an ipod shuffle and it still hasnt shipped yet but my friend has it and its freakin awsome only problem is...
IT STILL HASN'T SHIPPED

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.