just another convert

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by borednroom3, Feb 7, 2005.

1. borednroom3 macrumors newbie

not to long ago a good friend of mine bought me a mac. at first i was skeptical but its freakin great!!! plus he set me up on this sight... he even bought me a mac sign... just wanted to show the world my appreciation by saying thanks cyanide
    im not getting mushy now

p.s. who buys there friend a computer? beat that
    and APPLE RULES!!!

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

3. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

i got him an iMac DV off of ebay. its 450, 256, 10gig (yikes) and i loaded x on it. its in mint condition, and at a cool 230 bucks you cant go wrong. I would like to see a 7 year old wintel box run xp on an equal processor scale with that much memory and be able to do half the stuff he can with his perfect little iMac. My family has the same one in the kitchen, and has since it came out, so i knew it was a great buy.

4. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Cool - my family members have a couple of those, at even lower MHz, all still going strong with never a problem. They may be old but, those iMac G3s were good machines!

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Why were you sceptical?

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I think many PC people are sceptical about Macs

7. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes -- I know that.

But I was specifically interested in hearing what his views were before he got the Mac.

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

wow, i would like a friend to buy me a free comp!

10. borednroom3 thread starter macrumors newbie

But I was specifically interested in hearing what his views were before he got the Mac.[/QUOTE]

well before i met my friend i didnt really think about apple computers and when i met him i thought it was really dumb until he showed me expose'. now i know its not the coolist thing but it was impressive enough to get me even more interested and what hooked me was the fact that you could find any file really easily. i was only skeptical after i got it because i thought that there MUST be some huge flaw but i began to realize that there wasn't going to be one

11. borednroom3 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yea and i bought an ipod shuffle and it still hasnt shipped yet but my friend has it and its freakin awsome only problem is...
    IT STILL HASN'T SHIPPED