Just asking for your opinion...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nyprospect, Jan 13, 2005.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Ok I probably am.I have had this pc for about 7 months.custom built.
    p4 3.0
    512 ddr ram
    motherboard-asus
    dvd drive combo 1
    floppy drive
    ati 9600 128 ddr
    li lian black case aluminium
    samsung 80 gb hdd
    no modem
    ethernet gigabyte
    sound card sound audigy l2

im thinking of selling it to get a mac mini.
    reasons why

hate ad ware viri and other nasty things
    i like osx over xp

Also i im sure that my pc value drops every second.
    Should i sell the parts to pay for a mini.(i dont do major graphic intense work)
    or should i just keep the pc.

2. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

do it. i went to mac for a lot of the same reasons it sounds like you are thinking of and do not regret it at all! i would wait on the mini though until you can get some firsthand reviews of it. i'm sure it's going to be a good product...but why rush into it. you may decide on getting a G5 or something like that.

i've been using PCs since they ran at 7mhz and now that i have a mac, i wish i started on a IIe or whatever it was they had back then. my friend had one.

3. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

SELL SELL SELL

You will be so glad to have a mac, just get at lease 512kb or Ram (3rd Party)

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

You are aware that the Mini Mac is a slower system than you are selling?

The iMac mini is a pretty capable system when it comes to basic use.
    It will do eveything except heavy video and 3D editing and ofcourse it won't be much fun gaming with.

It will however play all games relecently released, but dont except good performance with the newest.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

There is no question that you should sell you PC and get a Mac. You will never be sorry, just for the reasons that you mentioned. Try to purchase the best that you can afford. The new Mac mini would certainly be a great place to start.

6. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

i know it will probably slower.I dont play games like doom 3 or anything like that.i hope it wont be painfully slower.Id like to hear some more opinions.thanks again

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you're not a gamer, then go for it. The Mac mini 1.42 GHz system is definitely a capable machine, and won't feel painfully slow.

8. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I would keep the PC just in case. Not because the mac will give you any trouble (it won't), but for those times when you have to use some Windows-only software. If you don't anticipate ever having those times, then sell. Plus, it is very rare these days to run into a situation where there is no choice but to use a PC.