Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazyboy922

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I was at best buy, and they had verbatim 50 pack of dvd-r's on clearance for $21.99. When I took them to the register, they rang up $6.99! So I ran back and bought the last 4. My friend was pissed because He was at the next register over, and he bought a different brand for $19.99 lol

Not sure if every best buy has them on clearance, but worth a shot!

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
I think it may of been that brand (are they just blank white on the surface?) but i spent 20 bucks for a 50 pack..... not single one has gotten a successful burn.

Although i just recently bought some Compusa brand ones and they work flawlessly for just a few more dollars.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

but 200 for 30 bucks. lucky! :p

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
lazyboy922 said:
My friend was pissed because He was at the next register over, and he bought a different brand for $19.99 lol

I wouldn't be bragging about pissing off your friend the Almighty. You should be more humble.

lazyboy922

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
chucknorris said:
I wouldn't be bragging about pissing off your friend the Almighty. You should be more humble.

Yeah, I felt bad after, since I bought the rest of them...so I just gave him one of mine.

I'm not that big of a jerk!

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
lazyboy922 said:
I was at best buy, and they had verbatim 50 pack of dvd-r's on clearance for $21.99. When I took them to the register, they rang up $6.99! So I ran back and bought the last 4. My friend was pissed because He was at the next register over, and he bought a different brand for $19.99 lol

Meh... I've seen 25 packs of DVDS FOR JUST 3 bucks each... with my employee discount they were like a few cents... that was only because they were on clearance though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.