Just bought a 23' Cinema Display...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by FireArse, Jan 25, 2005.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

...but what are my options if it comes 'pink' or with 'yellowish' sides?

Who should I call in this event? Will they send me a replacement? What is Apple's policy at the moment? It should be coming in the next few days. I also bought a 2.0GHz PowerMac - so I got the AppleCare. Does that benfit me at all in the first few weeks?

Hoping its gonna be a recent build of screen.....

FireArse

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

call the 800 number for apple care. it should be on your recipt as well as with your apple care package you get with your computer. they are very accomodating in your first weeks after a purchase, and with apple care they will be nice for the next 3 years!!!

3. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Hello hello,

I have dual 23" Cinema Displays so I have delt with this issue quite a bit. Here is the good news. As far as I am aware (according to several discussions on the web) the displays produced now with serial number 2A44 and up are free of the pink fault. Some reportedly have complaints about color consistancy throughout the screen, and yellow edges.

Really these things aren't all that noticable, for example my second monitor around the edges looks dimmer and washed out but only is you really focus on it and only if you are trying to find it (I have not yet been able to find a 23" display without these problems from Apple). Otherwise my display looks AMAZING, very bright vibrant color, good contrast, and no ghosting that I have ever noticed.

I think as far as the pink problem you should be in the clear. As for the dirty edges, hope that it is not "so bad" that you can't stand it. Because if you try to get one of these babies repaired that's when the nightmare starts.

I am on my third repair now for my first monitor that had the pink problem. I have been assured though that this time it will be taken care of, or otherwise, as the Apple tech rep said, "I am going to crack some heads".

4. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your replies guys

Hey,

Good to hear you're happy with your 23's. I have seen on the apple.com/support discussions that they've released the 23's with new 2A52 serial numbers - hope I get one of those.

I had found a reseller in London who was able to get me a new 23' Studio Display (the old plastic type) it was a very tough decision to buy the newer one!

I'm not at all worried about the PowerMac - just this Screen. As for these colours - I'm Red/Green colourblind - so if I do have a 'faulty' screen, I hope not to see it!!

Thanks for the positive replies - it really helps!

FireArse