Just bought a 24' Imac!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cycom, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for months here on MR. Nice community you guys have here.

After careful consideration, I decided to take make the switch to Apple after using PC's for years. I went to the Apple store in the Glendale Galleria and bought a stock 24' iMac today. Wow. It's absolutely stunning! I can't even tell the thing is on -it's so quiet, and it doesn't look like there are any dead/stuck pixels at all (which was something I was anxious about while before making the purchase).

The screen is beautiful. Coming from a 19' CRT, this is quite something. I've already found some cool 1900x1200 wallpapers...I'm gawking at the screen, drooling like a chump. :eek:

Otherwise, I getting to learn OSX little by little. It'll take some time to get used to I'm sure. The Dashboard and Widgets are so cool!

A quick question: where can I find some nice Dashboard/Appearance themes?

Thanks all. I'm sure I'll have ALOT more questions in the future. Cheers!

2. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Wow...a 24' imac....how did you get that in your house? :rolleyes:

3. Cycom thread starter macrumors 6502

Cycom

4. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

You'll be fine. Congrats and welcome to MacRumors! :)

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Grats on your purchase and welcome to the community. You made an awesome choice, both in your choice of computer, and your decision to switch... I made the switch almost a year ago and I'm still loving the experience. :D

6. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

welcome to the club, us 24" iMac owners can be spotted by our great big grins. :D