Just bought a 360, what can I do with it (Mac-360-ect)

Discussion in 'Games' started by arcsbite, Apr 25, 2006.

1. arcsbite Guest

bought a 360 last night and was just wondering what program's and stuff you guys could recommend?

I've been to the xbox website, but I was looking more for mac advice, can I stream my intel iMac to it?

anything else you can recommend?
    games I simply must own?

cheers

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I would do a search for Xbox 360 games and stuff to buy because there are a few.

If you are looking to get your 360 to stream music to your Mac, I would buy Connect360: http://www.nullriver.com/index/products/connect360

It works great with streaming your music and pictures to you 360.

Games, I would make sure you buy used games because the price drops a lot if you were to buy a new one at $60.

3. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Or use the Marketplace to download and try the game demos.

The Marketplace demos are amazing. It's saved me money and steered me away from some real stinkers (Blazing Angels) and sold me on games I had no intent on buying (Fight Night Round Three).

4. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Does the wifi adapter work flawlessly in all the routers (I have a D-Link)? Any settings I need to set? And while I'm at it, is PGR the best racing game for the 360? Thanks y'all.

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

PGR3 is the best "realistic" racing game. I'd say it's the best racing game, period, but some prefer more arcade like Burnout or Full Auto.

Neither of those games "wow"d me like PGR3.

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Don't forget NFS and Ridge Racer 6 :D

7. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Burnout Revenge PWNS i love it! its like crack on wheels :p

8. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I couldn't agree more. No intention of buying FNR3 but I'm seriously considering it now...

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Ditto what Don/Abulia said.

• There are a few games which are simply outstanding: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (GRAW), Call of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing 3. You can't go wrong with any of these, if you like combat/combat/racing games. PGR3 is much more realistic than Burnout Revenge, which is a very arcade-style game. I'd choose PGR3 over Burnout Revenge, but I have them both.
    • For everything else, try the demos on XBLM first. They're free, and you can get a sense of whether you'd like a game or not based on them. I wasn't sure about Fight Night Round 3, but the demo convinced me and it's an awesome game if you like boxing even a little bit (and it's the best LOOKING game on the 360 so far). I was SURE I was going to buy Full Auto, Blazing Angels, and Battlefield 2 until I played the demos, and was turned off by all of them (esp. Blazing Angels — blech!). That saved me $180 and a lot of being pissed-off.
    • The games you can download (for a cost) from XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) are also well worth looking into. Geometry Wars is a LOT of fun and only costs $5.

10. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I whole heartdly agree except i did like battlefield 2 MC. Just curious if i could add you to my buddy list bro? My gamer tag is ijimk, you should send me a friend invite maybe we can play burnout some time bro :). I do tend to have the same opinion as you on alot of your posts bro. See ya on Xbox Live...

11. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

Oooooooobliiiiiiiiiviooooooooooooon !

if you don't mind being instantly transformed onto a level 23 nerd :)

12. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

first thing you need is Geometry Wars... it is sooooo good...
    then you need Ghost Recon Advanced WarFighter... and if
    you have 500 free hours to burn... Oblivion...

enjoy.

13. noel4r macrumors 6502a

How about fighting games? Is Dead or Alive any good?