Just Bought a 40GB iPod!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wrldwzrd89, Apr 21, 2004.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I just went on the online Apple Store and ordered a 40 GB iPod with my name laser engraved in it, a carry case for it, and AppleCare for iPod. I've always wanted to own an iPod - now I finally decided to go ahead and buy one. The iPod will ship in 1-3 business days; the other items will ship in 1-2 business days.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

ah, it's always fun to see a new iPod user, the first two days are nothing but "wow that's cool". And, if you happen to get a rare faulty model, "damn Apple sucks!" hehe... But i'm sure yours will be fine. Enjoy it, take care of it, it'll make you happy :D

paul

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I remember when I first received my iPod. It was the first Apple product I had ever owned, and I was pleasantly surprised how great everything was packed. It looked like it was meant to be given to a king. I have enjoyed mine, and I hope that you enjoy yours!

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I can't remeber a day since I got my ipod in which I didn't use it. You should be very excited, it is a great addition to the music lovers life.

5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I second that. Everyday I come home and pop my iPod into the dock, and start listening to some of my tunes. Believe it, or not, I had only 3 CDs before I got my iPod. I have become alot more interested in music since, and my music collection has expanded 6 fold. Granted, it's still not a large collection, but it serves it's purpose.

6. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

congrats!

7. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It shipped - Expected arrival at my house is Monday April 26 @ 10:30 AM EDT.

8. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Funny, me too. Since really starting to use my iPod daily, I've been buying lots more music--CDs AND iTunes--than before.

I think it's because the more you listen, the more you end up wanting more new stuff to listen to. A good thing, in my book. :)

9. goodwill macrumors regular

I cant fall asleep without my ipod, i cant run without my ipod, i cant fly without my ipod, i cant drive without my ipod, i cant use my computer without my ipod, i cant work without my ipod, i can have sex without my ipod.

copyrighted. apple better not steal what would be a fantastic new commericial or ad.

Congrats on your purchase. Whether it is 4gb, 15gb or 40gb, you'll become hitched to it. Its inevitable. Let the honeymoon begin.

10. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

You can have sex with or without it?

Anyways, befor I got my 15 GB iPod in Febuary I had ~200 songs, now I have 2,911. :D You'll love it!

11. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

12. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My carrying case arrived today! I'm still waiting for the iPod (expecting it Monday) and the AppleCare.
    <edit> The iPod arrived. The AppleCare is expected tomorrow. This thread can now be closed. </edit>

13. goodwill macrumors regular

Nevermind, you can have sex with it.

Nothing like the great sex playlist.

Now this can be officially closed.

14. klyau6 macrumors member

awesome! i actually bought my iPod in early february or something, and FINALLY started using it about two weeks ago. it was horrible! it had been sitting on my desk, untouched for months, just taunting me. i bought it thinking i was going to get an apple computer (yeah, unfortunately i'm not yet a switcher) but turns out instead i'm going to hawaii instead. anyway, my computer was running on ME..so finally i upgraded to XP, and realized my computer is too old and i did not have USB2 OR firewire...so FINALLY, i got around to getting THAT too! and now i am a happy iPod-user (i pretty much just use it while walking to class so far...) i even still hvae the box on my desk, just because it looks cool. anyway, enough rambling. enjoy your music!