Just bought a Lisa. Now I need a boot disk!

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Eanah, Mar 20, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2004
    Hi there, all. This is my first time here, so my apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum...

I just bought a working Lisa 2. It's in great condition, complete with keyboard, mouse, and even little laminated cheat-sheets tucked inside the keyboard showing how to shift-select and how to use a scroll bar. What a riot!

My only problem is that I don't have a boot disk or any software for it. I have only the hardware. It has a 3.5" floppy disk drive...

Does anyone know of any way I can get my hands on a boot disk? I'd love to get this thing up and running again. It looks like it's working perfectly, except that it just needs a disk to boot from.

2. macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    awesome! have you checked ebay? every one in a while you can find some pretty obscure stuff on there...
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks! Yes, I have checked eBay, but currently the only disks for sale are bundled with a Lisa itself. But I'll definitely keep my eyes open! I just bought the Lisa a couple hours ago, so I've only just begun my search. :)
  4. macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Hey I got some software for the lisa series computer. Would you be interested. Its the base OS but it should still work its in a Pasical prgramming disk for the Lisa type computers. If I remeber correctly its new. Our site has our e-mail you cvan contact us for a pic and more info. It's nice to see that some one found a working lisa there rare :) .

~ Mark