Just bought a Logitech G7

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Agathon, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    What a superb piece of hardware. Easily the best mouse I have ever used.

And USB Overdrive makes everything work. Thank God for Mac shareware developers.
  2. jdiddy macrumors member

Mar 2, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

Seconded I love my G7 which works fabulously with all my computers both Windows and OS X. USB Overdrive is definately awesome. Plus I just got my $50 rebate from Amazon which brings the total I paid for my G7 to $16.87 now thats the deal of the century.
  3. Agathon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    I paid a lot more for it, but it was an import where I am, and the most expensive mouse in the market. A pity Amazon don't ship computer gear here.

But, the makers of USB Overdrive were no doubt pleased to get my registration.
  4. skg22086 macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2006

I am planning on getting the G7 and i saw on the logitech website they wrote

"For Windows® 9x and ME users only, the Logitech® SetPoint™ software will limit the report rate to 125 reports/second"

Does that mean without the drivers it will be slower and less precise on the Mac does USB overdrive fix this problem..?

I have MacBookPro and i'm planning on traveling with it do i need the charging station close to the mouse for it to work or can i just have the USB pluged in and the charging station be a million miles away..?

Thx for all the help..
  5. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

Jan 10, 2006
    Findlay, OH
    Can you set the scroll wheel tilt to keystrokes in USB Overdrive?

6. gloss macrumors 601

May 9, 2006
  7. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2006
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    i was going to get the g5 because it is one of the coolest mice created, but one thing stopped me. the missing thumb button. that was irritating enough to make me get teh mx518 instead, of which i do not regret at all. but i do wish the 518 had that enormous slider pad, and the braided mouse cord... then it would be perfect.
  8. Timepass macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2005

The 125reports/Second is a USB limition. USB ports can only do things at 125reports/Sec. PS2 limition on the other had is over 200 reports/sec