Just bought a MacBook! Cases?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by erickg, May 16, 2006.

1. erickg macrumors 6502

I just ordered a black MacBook w/ 1 gig of Ram! :D I know, it's a big premium, but it's for my wife and she doesn't like the white (and she's worth it! :) ). It'll take a while to arrive, but in the mean time could someone suggest a case/sleeve? I've always used RadTech's sleeves for my Powerbooks and iBooks and love them, but I wonder how long they will take to come out with one for the MB.

Anyway, looking for something that protects against scratches and fits easily in a backpack/bag, preferably fitting snugly around the MB. Many thanks for your recommendations!

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I doubt there will be any that fit perfectly (made specifically for the MB) for a couple of weeks yet, which is a shame so you'd better keep that MB safe when you get it....

ShadoW

3. erickg thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I imagine that's to be expected. I guess we'll use the foam cover that it comes in for a few weeks. Maybe there are some PC laptops with close enough dimensions though? Although I doubt they'd be as nice looking as something like RadTech's.

4. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

keep this one in mind:
    http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1409

I have it for my 12 inch, I love it, and will be getting one for my MacBook later next month :) so until then, just leave the MacBook in its box when it arrives :D

5. erickg thread starter macrumors 6502

That looks really sweet Jericho2550! The only thing is the price is a little steep. Thanks for the link, I will keep it in mind. Oh, and I don't quite see the MacBook staying in its box for more than a second or two when it arrives. :rolleyes: :p