Just bought a MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CDailey, Nov 13, 2006.

1. CDailey macrumors regular

It should be here on Wednesday or Thursday :) Any tips for someone who is getting ready to make a "full-time" switch? (I'm not getting rid of this pc any time soon) I'm not 100% new to OSX, as I've messed around with it before on my old pink iMac (400mhz!) but I havn't used the OS for any real length of time. So, tips for a newb? :p

2. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

3. haleyvan macrumors regular

become familiar with everything included in iLife 06 and learn all the shortcuts. also, just about everything is customizable, so do that too - makes life so much easier, you won't go back to your pc.

4. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

what display did you get and what size? I got the glossy 15" because most of the complaints were from matte customers.

5. CDailey thread starter macrumors regular

15" matte. The only glossy screen they had in stock had 512MB ram and 80GB hdd and 128MB PCIE X1600. They had a glossy screen version exactly like the one I just ordered last night, but it was bought already when I checked the store today so I settled for the matte finish. When I went to CompUSA last Tuesday to check out the MB's and MBP's, I honestly didn't notice the "grain" on the matte screen. Oh well.

6. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

i bought mine online with adc discount, maxed out the ram and got the 160 gb hard drive, looks like i'm in for at least a whole week of waiting.

7. CDailey thread starter macrumors regular

8. CDailey thread starter macrumors regular

ITS HERE!! :D It arrived this afternoon and I am typing this message on it right now. :D

I seriously don't see the big deal about the "grainy" screen. Every laptop I've ever used that wasn't a glossy screen looks exactly like this one.